blues_pagan
Why Liberals think those against gay marriage are silly
January 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Replies

• cbk_mom3
    January 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

clapping

Quoting littlemoments99:

That cartoon doesn't even make sense with what conservatives stand for. 

I have discussed this before recently. I don't really want to talk about it again. 
    Marriage is for one man and one woman. It has always been that way. I believe that our country was founded on Christian values and a Christian value is marriage between a man and a woman. God made Eve for Adam. A wife for a husband. He destroyed cities where everyone in the city was committing these acts of homosexuality to show how much He hates this act. He allows diseases to effect these people and while it does get to the innocent that is what happens when disease is exposed to the world. It is a result of sin. If it was not a sin there would be no HIV that stays mostly within that group of people. 

God shows clearly what He does not like and He does punish it because He is a father. Father's punish you when you do something wrong. 

That is the view of a conservative Christian who follows the Bible and listens to God and heads His warnings. 

• jcribb16
    January 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I applaud your genuine honesty and your commitment to the Lord.

Quoting littlemoments99:

I have discussed this before recently. I don't really want to talk about it again. 
    Marriage is for one man and one woman. It has always been that way. I believe that our country was founded on Christian values and a Christian value is marriage between a man and a woman. God made Eve for Adam. A wife for a husband. He destroyed cities where everyone in the city was committing these acts of homosexuality to show how much He hates this act. He allows diseases to effect these people and while it does get to the innocent that is what happens when disease is exposed to the world. It is a result of sin. If it was not a sin there would be no HIV that stays mostly within that group of people. 

God shows clearly what He does not like and He does punish it because He is a father. Father's punish you when you do something wrong. 

That is the view of a conservative Christian who follows the Bible and listens to God and heads His warnings. 

• blues_pagan
    January 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

And still waiting for them to actually discuss this.  

• chloedee
    January 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Quoting littlemoments99:

Lesbians have the lowest rate of HIV/AIDS of any sexually active group. Care to explain?

As to your assertion this cartoon doesn't make sense of what conservatives stand for, it may not for every conservative, but Christian arguments and Bible passages were certainly used in the past to argue against the legalization of interracial marriage and against racial equality, just as they are now being used to argue against same sex equality. Would you like an example? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASF0rzfSvEc

Not that you've ever been able to answer, but why should the rest of the country be forced to follow the Christian definition of marriage when it is available as a secular ceremony, requiring absolutely no religious involvement whatsoever unless you want it to? Do you think the United States should be a theocracy? Not that our Constitution alows it, but do you think homosexuality and sodomy should be illegal?

• Analeigh2012
    January 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    I know both liberals and conservatives that fit your stereotype.

Quoting susan115:

Liberals also, believe that those who disagree with them aren't very smart and should not be allowed to talk.  Because, liberals are bullies, no intellectual thought(they believe they are smarter), no discussions, no middle ground.  Now, I am correct, aren't blues_pagan, that is why posted that silly cartoon?

• Friday
    by Friday
    January 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I'm a Liberal and don't think people who disagree with gay marriage are silly. They absolutely have the right to their own beliefs and to live by those beliefs. My issue is when they start trying to make laws enforcing those beliefs. Then I will speak out.

Just like I believe that indoctrinating children into religious beliefs is immoral but it's your kids and I'm not trying to make my beliefs law.

Marriage in the US is a civil contract that doesn't require any religious ceremony or blessing to receive govt recognition and any non-related, consenting adults should be able to partake.

I do look forward to the day when I'm an old lady, on my porch swing with my vaporizer, listeing to 80's rock and laughing at how ridiculous we were on such issues.

• Pema_Jampa
    January 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Silly isn't the word I'd use.

• shannonnigans
    January 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    So death penalty for gay men..... Preferential treatment for lesbians...
    I'll say one thing, you've definitely convinced me that God is a guy....

As far as heeding his warnings, if would be great if you heeded that one about judging others.

Quoting littlemoments99:

• toomanypoodles
    January 9, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Quoting susan115:

Liberals also, believe that those who disagree with them aren't very smart and should not be allowed to talk.  Because, liberals are bullies, no intellectual thought(they believe they are smarter), no discussions, no middle ground.  Now, I am correct, aren't blues_pagan, that is why posted that silly cartoon?

Have you been reading Greg Gutfeld's new book?

;)

• ArianEponae
    January 9, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    Omg, I read the cartoon several times and never noticed they were interracial...now the comments make more sense, and I feel like an idiot

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN