News & Politics

mikiemom
Historic new Class of Senators - two are female combat veterans
January 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Meet the New Class: The Senate Swears in a Historic 20 Female Senators

Jan. 3, 2013
PHOTO: When the 113th Congress is sworn in it will have a record-breaking number of female Senators and Diane Sawyer gathered them for an exclusive conversation.

When the 113th Congress is sworn in it will have a record-breaking number of female Senators and Diane Sawyer gathered them for an exclusive conversation. (Martin H.

Replies

• blues_pagan
    January 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM

This is awesome!  We need more female voices and diversity in Congress and politics in general.  

• mikiemom
    January 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM

It's a start until the 50% of our nation is actually represented in congress we are stll lagging but it is a start.

• mikiemom
    January 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I see this group has no interest in actual politics

• mikiemom
    January 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I guess nobody in this forum is interested in actual politics

• romalove
    January 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM

One in five Senators a woman....

It's a good start!

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    January 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM

So who are the two combat veterans, and which war?  Thanks for sharing.

• nanaofsix531
    January 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM

This is fantastic! I happy danced all night as the election results were coming in.

• Kate_Momof3
    January 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I think it's fantastic. I read an article last night where one of them was commenting on how differently women approach the political process. They tend to be more approachable, warmer and willing to work out solutions with anyone who is interested.

• mikiemom
    January 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Tulsi Gabbard Hawaii - also the budhist congresswoman is a combat veteran of both Iraq and afghanistan as well as Tammy Duchsworth - a combat veteran of I believe Iraq and Afghanistan - she lost both of her legs and had a very nasty campaign ran against her by her competitor, he tried to say she was using her injury to win the election - he is a douche.

Quoting SallyMJ:

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    January 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Yeah, sounds like a douche.

That is so cool about the two vets - I think that is a first for women elected leaders. Congrats to them.

Quoting mikiemom:

Tulsi Gabbard Hawaii - also the budhist congresswoman is a combat veteran of both Iraq and afghanistan as well as Tammy Duchsworth - a combat veteran of I believe Iraq and Afghanistan - she lost both of her legs and had a very nasty campaign ran against her by her competitor, he tried to say she was using her injury to win the election - he is a douche.

Quoting SallyMJ:

News & Politics