News & Politics

Featured Posts
PamR
Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing'
by PamR
December 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing'

Posted:   |  Updated: 12/09/2012 12:19 pm EST

WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regularly brushes off the idea of a 2016 presidential bid. But if she were to run, at least one prominent Republican thinks his party would be completely outmatched.

"The Republican party is incapable of competing at that level," Gingrich said during an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press."

"First of all, she's very formidable as a person," he said. "She's a very competent person. She's married to the most popular Democrat in the country; they both think [it] would be good for her to be president. It makes it virtually impossible to stop her for the nomination."

In addition to having Bill Clinton's support, Hillary Clinton would also have the backing of President Barack Obama, who will still be a "relatively popular president," Gingrich added. "Trying to win that will be truly the Super Bowl."

Most people agree with Gingrich's assessment. A recent Washington Post poll found that 57 percent of people would support Clinton as a 2016 presidential candidate.

Replies

• shannonnigans
    December 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    He gets it.
  • cableknit
    December 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    Wow, Newt, I'm impressed!

I agree, and really hope she runs in 2016!!!
  • mikiemom
    December 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Yes, combine her strength and intelligence with the GOP need to continuously say stupid offensive shit about 90% of the citizens of this country and well it will be very difficult for them to win. I think Newt is just setting up the excuse train. I don't think the GOP has a chance regardless of who they run. If Palin runs she will just continue to say extremely stupid things making the country see her for what she is.

• shannonnigans
    December 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    They couldn't possibly be stupid enough to run her... Could they?!

Quoting mikiemom:

Yes, combine her strength and intelligence with the GOP need to continuously say stupid offensive shit about 90% of the citizens of this country and well it will be very difficult for them to win. I think Newt is just setting up the excuse train. I don't think the GOP has a chance regardless of who they run. If Palin runs she will just continue to say extremely stupid things making the country see her for what she is.

• mikiemom
    December 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM

well they need a scape goat. There is no way they can win election with their current platform.

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting mikiemom:

• LIMom1105
    December 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    Probably not, but I'd live to see Hillary wash the floor with her. Palin also couldn't claim bias against women either, though she would have another excuse.

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting mikiemom:

• babie113
    December 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    I agree and I hope she does
  • shannonnigans
    December 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    On my god, that would be comedic gold. We've only tapped the surface of her inane statements compared to what we'd see if she was at the top of the ticket. Oh that would be too good to be true!

Quoting mikiemom:

well they need a scape goat. There is no way they can win election with their current platform.

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting mikiemom:

• Mommy_of_Riley
    December 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    I DON'T CARE

IT'S 2012!!!!
  • sammygrl77
    December 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    Palin vs. Clinton....oooh I would love to see a race like that!

Ok, really I would just love to see Hillary wipe the floor with Palin:)

Quoting mikiemom:

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts