News & Politics

imamomzilla
Baby Jesus Stolen from Nativity Scene
December 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Stolen_baby_Jesus2_20121127123942_JPG

Updated: Tuesday, 27 Nov 2012, 2:56 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 27 Nov 2012, 12:41 PM EST

TORRINGTON, Conn. (WTNH) -- Police in Torrington are searching for a baby Jesus statue that was stolen from a nativity scene in Christmas Village.

Approximately three weeks ago, a Torrington Park & Recreation employee discovered that the baby Jesus statue was missing from the nativity scene.

After determining that it was not missing or stored in a different area, Park & Rec. reported the incident to police.

The statue is approximately 18 inches in length. The value and age of the figure is unknown.

There are no suspects at this time.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Torrington Police Department at 860-489-2007 or Detective Todd Fador at 860-489-2059.

Park & Recreation Superintendent Brett Simmons is also looking for any donations and/or a figure to replace the stolen Baby Jesus. Simmons can be contacted at 860-489-2274.

Replies

• imamomzilla
    December 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Why? What purpose does this serve? Grrrr.

• PeeperSqueak
    December 1, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Hopefully the thoughtful person will put it back on Christmas Eve : )  I just got finished placing the manger scene figures except the baby Jesus.  I place him on Christmas Eve : )

• ashellbell
    December 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    Probably some punk ass kid. My parents put a nativity scene in their yard a few years ago and someone stole baby Jesus and replaced him with a Mr. Potato head.
  • Ednarooni160
    Eds
    December 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM

That's as bad as someone going to grave yards and breaking and/or knocking over stones on memorial day..it's such disrespect..and sadly it's not done by just kids anymore.. JUST dumb "whoevers" that want to make a point or get a giggle.

• PamR
    by PamR
    December 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Please.  A bunch of teenagers did this.  It happens all the time, every year around here.  Heck, they kind of bolt the figures down on the church with a big nativity scene in our area.  Every time I pass a nativity scene, I remember when I was a kid in my grandmother's church, and pastor hollering, "Somebody done stole the baby Jesus!!"

• shannonnigans
    December 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    Did they leave it up with Mr. Potato Head in his place?

Quoting ashellbell:

Probably some punk ass kid. My parents put a nativity scene in their yard a few years ago and someone stole baby Jesus and replaced him with a Mr. Potato head.

• romalove
    December 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting ashellbell:

You made me LOL out loud and now my kids are looking at me funny.

I blame you.  

• shannonnigans
    December 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I'm sure half of CM will blame me on this one - I've already gotten private hate mail on it!  

Quoting romalove:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting ashellbell:

You made me LOL out loud and now my kids are looking at me funny.

I blame you.  

• ashellbell
    December 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    Hahahahaha! I wish.

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting ashellbell:

• Paperfishies
    December 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    Lmao!

News & Politics