News & Politics

Canvas_says
Sorta O/T No more twinkies? UPDATE
November 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Say it isn't so, my husband would be so devastated not to have those Hostess treats on a regular basis, well that and the loads.

http://www.kwch.com/business/kwch-hostess-ceo-gives-striking-workers-thursday-deadline-20121114,0,2860295.story

UPDATE, the curfew passed and now Hostess is going into Federal court tomorrow to try to start liquidation of the entire company. Companies can start closing as early as Tuesday.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/222134/314/Hostess-strike-continues-past-deadline?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

Replies

• created4apurpos
    November 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I like twinkies well enough and have them a few times a year but they reall are unhealthy and I don't think I'd be devastated if they were gone forever.  you know you can look online for recipes to make your own

• Peanutx3
    November 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM

They are disgusting.  I am more saddened for the workers who will lose their jobs.

• DawnPratt23
    November 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    It is, unions won't accept the pay terms set by the courts. So I guess unemployment is better.
  • Canvas_says
    November 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I don't care about twinkies or hostess at all, my husband however it's pretty much all he has access too when he stops at truck stops along his routes. He loves a little sweet crap. 

Quoting created4apurpos:

I like twinkies well enough and have them a few times a year but they reall are unhealthy and I don't think I'd be devastated if they were gone forever.  you know you can look online for recipes to make your own

• Canvas_says
    November 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Yeah, 18,000 that's not a small number. 

Quoting Peanutx3:

They are disgusting.  I am more saddened for the workers who will lose their jobs.

• Aislinn
    by Aislinn
    November 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I am going to be lost without Ho Ho's. That is what I go to when I lose weight and need to grow my (alleged) ass back! lol

• Canvas_says
    November 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Everyone wants the rich to give in and pay more taxes and take cuts, but the Unions won't take any cuts that ensure employment. Shooting themselves in the foot. 

Quoting DawnPratt23:

It is, unions won't accept the pay terms set by the courts. So I guess unemployment is better.

• Canvas_says
    November 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I'd give you some of mine but I suffer from a debilitating disease called noassatall. tsk tsk

Quoting Aislinn:

I am going to be lost without Ho Ho's. That is what I go to when I lose weight and need to grow my (alleged) ass back! lol

• Aislinn
    by Aislinn
    November 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quoting Canvas_says:

I'd give you some of mine but I suffer from a debilitating disease called noassatall. tsk tsk

Quoting Aislinn:

LMAO You are the only other person I have ever met that uses that phrase.. lmao I self diagnosed Noassatall years ago... ;)

• DawnPratt23
    November 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    Instead of negotiating a increase as the economy gets better, they'd rather the bread lines. Wait, those to will be closed. We eat a lot of wonder bread, guess I need to learn the recipe quick.

Quoting Canvas_says:

Everyone wants the rich to give in and pay more taxes and take cuts, but the Unions won't take any cuts that ensure employment. Shooting themselves in the foot. 

Quoting DawnPratt23:

News & Politics