News & Politics

Featured Posts
MomTiara19
Hoping Republicans Learned A Lesson About Social Issues
November 15, 2012 at 6:38 AM

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/146254/heres_hoping_the_republicans_learned?ct=momsmatter_featured&p=1&cid=6011

Social issues can overturn pocketbook issues when you are leery of the candidates personal views.Republicans need to rethink alienating voters  who would have otherwise voted for Romney.

It wasnt for the goodies....it was about character and integrity.America wanted a president for all people not just those viewed by conservatives worthy to be American.

Replies

• Billiejeens
    November 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

You are a far left loon, why would you want Republican success?
  • JakeandEmmasMom
    November 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    Lol

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

• chloedee
    November 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM

"Conservatives generally use small government solutions that respect individual freedom and Constitutional rights, to resolve issues, without causing negative unintended consequences"

Like deciding government is so small it should fit into women's wombs and dictate their health care decisions? Like deciding women should be forced to carry pregnancies from rape because God intended it? Like deciding that personal religious beliefs on marriage should dictate everyone else's?

Ya, conservatives don't seem AT ALL hypocrtical there.

• JakeandEmmasMom
    November 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    IDK...I think that the leadership and strategists are seeing that they do need a new strategy. I imagine there will be focus groups and polls and studies over the next couple of years that will show that the majority of Amercans want less religion in government, not more. I'm predicting a more moderate candidate in 2016.

Quoting Peanutx3:

No sadly I don't think the republican party learned anything.  I fear we will see a much more conservative candidate in 4 years and that candidate will lose again to whatever candidate the dems put up.  The republican party, in order to survive or be relevant, needs to chose a candidate that appeals to those of us who are more in the center.  Lets face it the religious right will not vote for a dem so what does the republican party have to lose by putting up a more moderate candidate?

• Peanutx3
    November 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I sure hope you are right but I really don't hold much hope for it.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

IDK...I think that the leadership and strategists are seeing that they do need a new strategy. I imagine there will be focus groups and polls and studies over the next couple of years that will show that the majority of Amercans want less religion in government, not more. I'm predicting a more moderate candidate in 2016.

Quoting Peanutx3:

No sadly I don't think the republican party learned anything.  I fear we will see a much more conservative candidate in 4 years and that candidate will lose again to whatever candidate the dems put up.  The republican party, in order to survive or be relevant, needs to chose a candidate that appeals to those of us who are more in the center.  Lets face it the religious right will not vote for a dem so what does the republican party have to lose by putting up a more moderate candidate?

• Peanutx3
    November 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM

That is funny.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Lol

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

• JakeandEmmasMom
    November 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    Never lose hope "Mandi"!!

LOL!

Quoting Peanutx3:

I sure hope you are right but I really don't hold much hope for it.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting Peanutx3:

• JakeandEmmasMom
    November 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    She really is comedy gold. COMEDY GOLD, I tell ya!

I hope she never changes.

Quoting Peanutx3:

That is funny.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Lol

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

• Peanutx3
    November 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM

:)

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

She really is comedy gold. COMEDY GOLD, I tell ya!

I hope she never changes.

Quoting Peanutx3:

That is funny.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Lol

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

• timeforprogress
    November 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Isn't the socially conservative base still going to be an issue?  From what I can tell these folks are doubling down on the crazy rhetoric. 

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting Peanutx3:

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts