News & Politics

Featured Posts
MomTiara19
Hoping Republicans Learned A Lesson About Social Issues
November 15, 2012 at 6:38 AM

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/146254/heres_hoping_the_republicans_learned?ct=momsmatter_featured&p=1&cid=6011

Social issues can overturn pocketbook issues when you are leery of the candidates personal views.Republicans need to rethink alienating voters  who would have otherwise voted for Romney.

It wasnt for the goodies....it was about character and integrity.America wanted a president for all people not just those viewed by conservatives worthy to be American.

Replies

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    November 15, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I hope the next four years teach the youth of this nation a lesson.

• 4kidz916
    November 15, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Unfortunately my daughter will be one of those youth coming out of college.  I'm really afraid for her future and so is she.  

Quoting Carpy:

I hope the next four years teach the youth of this nation a lesson.

• NancSBRN
    November 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I guess they learned that disparaging certain group of people is not a good idea also. And you cannot to to Latino and Woman and Young people right before an election and say gee we would sure like your vote.

BTW Romney lost the Asian American vote by even more the he lost the Latino vote.  Most Republican are very out of touch with Main Stream America.

They have a lot they need to be thinking about, but will they time will tell.

The GOP says Gov. should stay out of people lives but have no problem feeling they can make health care decisions, the more women for example had access to affordable birth control the more abortion rates would come down. We will always have disagreement on Abortion and choice vs ProLife but we all use to agree  Rape was wrong. Paul Ryan feels the need to "Redefine Rape" really the is no such things as legitimate Rape.

I have lost so much respect for Congress in general and not just the GOP but mostly them. The Government has become a battle ground of Pundits and Partisans that do not see what is really happening to Main Stream American.  Dogma and Ideology has replace common sense.

• LIMom1105
    November 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Judging from posts here, no they haven't.  We are wrong, dontcha know (despite the fact that more Americans disagree than agree with their platform).  I'll say it again, given Obama's record, he should have been easy pickins.  So this is a big wake up call to the GOP, though if they don't want to hear it, they will fade into irrelevance over time.  And that's their choice.

• Bookwormy
    November 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    "Nobody's going to vote for a party that hates them.". That's the last sentence of The Stir commentary. That is 100% true. No one should either. I didnthink Romney was a moderate, so I disagree with the author on that. But I agree that Republicans better change on social issues.
  • Billiejeens
    November 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting NancSBRN:

I guess they learned that disparaging certain group of people is not a good idea also. And you cannot to to Latino and Woman and Young people right before an election and say gee we would sure like your vote.

BTW Romney lost the Asian American vote by even more the he lost the Latino vote.  Most Republican are very out of touch with Main Stream America.

The GOP says Gov. should stay out of people lives but have no problem feeling they can make health care decisions, the more women for example had access to affordable birth control the more abortion rates would come down. We will always have disagreement on Abortion and choice vs ProLife but we all use to agree  Rape was wrong. Paul Ryan feels the need to "Redefine Rape" really the is no such things as legitimate Rape.

I have lost so much respect for Congress in general and not just the GOP but mostly them. The Government has become a battle ground of Pundits and Partisans that do not see what is really happening to Main Stream American.  Dogma and Ideology has replace common sense.

Idiotic Post, turn off MSNBC, it is not good for your brain cells.

Oh speaking of MSNBC - NBC jwho ust spent a year convincing people like you how the economy had turned around, and how the war on women was all important - just announced huge layoffs.  Ha!

• Ednarooni160
    Eds
    November 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting NancSBRN:

Oh speaking of MSNBC - NBC jwho ust spent a year convincing people like you how the economy had turned around, and how the war on women was all important - just announced huge layoffs.  Ha!

I'm assuming they announced this "after" the elections?

• madmueller
    November 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!  - Didn't vote for him the first time and the first four years devastating! Now you voted him back in - I can only pray!

• Billiejeens
    November 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting NancSBRN:

I'm assuming they announced this "after" the elections?

Of course!

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    November 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Conservatives care very much about social issues - just have different strategies of resolving the core issues. This is the major difference between the parties. Liberals use costly, big government solutions that actually make thing worse overall. Conservatives generally use small government solutions that respect individual freedom and Constitutional rights, to resolve issues, without causing negative unintended consequences, new problems often unforeseen by those intending to resolve the original problem. ie, "The cure is worse than the bite".  

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN