News & Politics

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Are you moved by President Obama’s display of emotion?
November 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM

President Obama's Tears Show How Vulnerability Can Be the Mightiest Asset (VIDEO)

Posted by Janelle Harris on November 10, 2012

President ObamaPresident Obama and Mitt Romney have had some well-deserved time for reflection, but emotion is still running high from Tuesday night’s election. Supporters from the Romney camp grudgingly let go as his campaign conceded Florida yesterday. Over in his 2012 headquarters in Chicago, President Obama addressed his team of bright-eyed, enthusiastic staffers -- most of them young people in their 20s and 30s -- who diligently helped seal his re-election victory.

So moved was he by their energy and so fired up was he about his passion for change, he choked up momentarily. Can’t say I've ever watched a President be moved to tears before, but seeing him so humbled and emotional of course made me tap my own water works. Even if his naysayers don’t think he’s the best man for the job, I think most can agree that he is indeed a good man. 

Before scooping up Michelle and their girls and heading back to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, President Obama reflected on his days as a community organizer in Chi-town. But he told the crowd, “It’s not that you remind me of myself; it’s that you’re so much better than I was. You’re smarter and you’re better organized and you’re more effective,” he said in the clip originally posted on the campaign’s YouTube channel. “What Bobby Kennedy called the ‘ripples of hope,’ when you throw a stone in the lake, that’s you.”

He explained that he felt like he had come “full circle…because what you guys have done means the work that I’m doing is important. And I’m really proud of that. I’m really proud of all of you.” And that’s when the tears rolled. He wiped them away, but what a tender, vulnerable moment. And if there’s one thing I want for the leader of the free world, it’s to be so compassion-filled that he can have tender, vulnerable moments.

You can question his policies, his decisions, his strategies. But our Prez never lost that grassroots organizer spirit and, all of the big league politics aside, he still has a heart for people.

Are you moved by President Obama’s display of emotion?

Replies

• imamomzilla
    November 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Moved? If you mean compelled to use the restroom, then yes.

He's ACTING. All that time he spends in Hollywood has really paid off.

• emeraldangel2.0
    November 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM

yes i am moved. I can tell when someone's acting and when someone isn't, and those were not "acting" tears.

however, all the right wingers are convinced they are, and at this point, it's futile to even aknowledge them. they want to see america fail, so to me, their opinions no longer matter.

• broncfan
    November 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM

NO

• imamomzilla
    November 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM

If only he felt the same emotion when 4 of our guys were murdered in Benghazi.....sadly, to him, they were "bumps in the road"....and "not optimal"...

THIS "MOVED" ME!:

• Bek22
    by Bek22
    November 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM

no

• Simmeringhearts
    November 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Yes, just as I was moved by Hillary's tears.

• gsprofval
    November 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM

No, the tears were all fake and just more of obama's lies.

• blues_pagan
    November 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I watched this with my DD (18 months old).  I explained to her that this was her President.  This is a man who didn't sit there and say look how wonderful I am but instead looked out at the group of people working with him and said that it was because of them and their greatness that he was able to achieve victory.  

I appreciated it.  I think that Obama gets a bad rap for being too cold and not personable enough.  This shows that there is a man under there.  Even DD applauded when he was finished.

• imamomzilla
    November 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM

“The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching.” ― John Wooden.

• gsprofval
    November 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Exactly, and we know that obama is plotting for the destruction of our country; shhhh don't tell any one though because he wants it a secret until it slaps the dems and liberals right in the face.

Quoting imamomzilla:

“The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching.” ― John Wooden.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN