News & Politics

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Who WON the 2nd Presidential debate? **Poll**
October 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

What did you think of the debate? Who do you think won?
Share your thoughts in the replies below.

Who do you think won the 2nd Presidential debate?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 54% - Barack Obama
  2. 39% - Mitt Romney
  3. 6% - Other, please explain

Replies

• sallys452001
    October 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Funny. The same people expect to win the election solely on what you think Obama has done wrong. Like there is really some guarantee Romney will make things any better. I have not heard anything that I'd call a guarantee Romney will do any better at all. In fact from what I've heard he may turn things around to where they are worse than how Bush had it.

• AdellesMom
    October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    More deflection...

I'm not pulling an "Obama" on you.

You failed to answer my question. What do you think an act of terror is?

Obama released information as he was given information. The intelligence community made a flub and Obama had to take the rap for it.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

lololol.... You can't pull an "Obama" on me.  Obama had the chance during this Rose Garden comments to say what it was.  Why do you think "he" allowed his UN Ambo to go on 4-6 shows within five days and tell everyone that the attacks were due to a video?  Why do you think that he spoke at the UN and talked about the video.  When asked about on the View....what did he say?  Come on, you are smarter than this......

Quoting AdellesMom:

I did.

"No act of terror..."

A terrorist attack. What do you think an act of terror is?

My goodness. The anti-Obama camp will never give Obama any credit. Good grief.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No ----he---- did----- not.  He did not say that was a terrorist attack.  He spun his words.  Look at the phrase that he used.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Ahhhh...deflection.

Obama didn't lie about Libya. He called the attack a terroist attack the day after in the Rose Garden.

Romney got called on it too.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

lolol....We did.  Read the last part of the transcript. He freakin' lied.  Also, why is it that he went to the UN and mentioned the video 6 times during his speech?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Obama didn't lie about Libya.

Read the transcripts.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

True but he did not have much substance.  He spun and did not offer much.  He's a man of many words but not much on the action side of the house. Romney has the experience and the record to back his success.   Obama lied tonight about Libya...........

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

I agree.  Obama was definitely more on his game tonight though.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Romney won on substance and presenting his plan for the future.

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

This 2nd debate was a LOT more even, fairly close to a tie. Obama was much more effective than in the first debate. I'd give a slight tip it to Romney - because I didn't think Obama made a strong case for a 2nd term. 

• mom2twinboyz
    October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    Quoting AdellesMom:

No it's not the same! He didn't call the events in Libya a terrorist attack.

The called it a spontaneous event due to a freakin you tube video. This went on for 2 weeks.
  • Lisa1273
    Quoting Radarma:

Romney was a "bully" Adellesmom? Are u serious?

Bully, lol.
  • AdellesMom
    So, I'll ask you the same question I asked the other poster. What do you think an act of terror is?

I'm not spinning it. Obama didn't lie. You're the one spinning it. It's kind of funny.

But, I never claimed that Obama was an honest man. He's a Politician, just like Romney. Well, Politicians are dishonest--they lie. That's a fact. I do think that Obama is more honest than Romney.

Quoting brandydesiree:

I didn't twist the statement. He did NOT call it a terrorist attack...HE DID NOT! You can spin it however you want, but Obama lied. He lied big-time and it is not okay. It is shameful, and you should be ashamed of it. Go ahead and charge ahead with your delusion that Obama is an honest man...I'm quite sure we will all see this tomorrow on FactChecker.

Quoting AdellesMom:

I love how you twisted his statement.

LOL

Quoting brandydesiree:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

You mean this? He is NOT calling it a terrorist attack. He is speaking in general terms...hence "ACTS of TERROR."

If he had said "We will not stand for THIS act of terror, he would have been calling it a terrorist attack. What he did was make a statement about terror in general. It is absolutely not the same. He then went on for weeks saying they were still investigating whether or not it was terrorism...are you going to deny that too?

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, Obama didn't lie about Libya.

Read the transcripts. ;-)

Quoting brandydesiree:

Romney won, hands down. He came out just as strong as the first debate. He stayed in line with the reasons I've decided to vote for him. Obama did much better this time, but still not good enough. Also, The President LIED about Libya and the moderator helped him.

• Mandi1215
    October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Exactly!!!  Thank you!!  Smoke and Mirrors!  That is all this President is able to do.

Quoting brandydesiree:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

You mean this? He is NOT calling it a terrorist attack. He is speaking in general terms...hence "ACTS of TERROR."

If he had said "We will not stand for THIS act of terror, he would have been calling it a terrorist attack. What he did was make a statement about terror in general. It is absolutely not the same. He then went on for weeks saying they were still investigating whether or not it was terrorism...are you going to deny that too?

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, Obama didn't lie about Libya.

Read the transcripts. ;-)

Quoting brandydesiree:

Romney won, hands down. He came out just as strong as the first debate. He stayed in line with the reasons I've decided to vote for him. Obama did much better this time, but still not good enough. Also, The President LIED about Libya and the moderator helped him.

• AdellesMom
    October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM
    I'll ask you the same question that I asked the other two posters. What do you think an act of terror is?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting AdellesMom:

No it's not the same! He didn't call the events in Libya a terrorist attack.

The called it a spontaneous event due to a freakin you tube video. This went on for 2 weeks.
  • SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I thought it was a RUMBLE. Obama and Romney were both very strong. If they were schoolboys, there would have been a fistfight. 

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting Radarma:

Romney was a "bully" Adellesmom? Are u serious?

Bully, lol.

• Jambo4
    by Jambo4
    October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Obama: That's why I'm asking for your vote and that's why I'm asking for another four years.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

Well, Romney is doing the same thing. He's begging people to vote for him too.

Quoting Jambo4:

LOL... love Obama's pleading.. vote for me again...

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts