News & Politics

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Who WON the 2nd Presidential debate? **Poll**
October 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

What did you think of the debate? Who do you think won?
Share your thoughts in the replies below.

Who do you think won the 2nd Presidential debate?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 54% - Barack Obama
  2. 39% - Mitt Romney
  3. 6% - Other, please explain

Replies

• AdellesMom
    October 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    I love how you twisted his statement.

LOL

Quoting brandydesiree:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

You mean this? He is NOT calling it a terrorist attack. He is speaking in general terms...hence "ACTS of TERROR."

If he had said "We will not stand for THIS act of terror, he would have been calling it a terrorist attack. What he did was make a statement about terror in general. It is absolutely not the same. He then went on for weeks saying they were still investigating whether or not it was terrorism...are you going to deny that too?

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, Obama didn't lie about Libya.

Read the transcripts. ;-)

Quoting brandydesiree:

Romney won, hands down. He came out just as strong as the first debate. He stayed in line with the reasons I've decided to vote for him. Obama did much better this time, but still not good enough. Also, The President LIED about Libya and the moderator helped him.

• AdellesMom
    October 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    Yes, deflection.

Quoting Radarma:

Deflection? Lol no, it is called conversation.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Ahhhh...deflection.

Obama didn't lie about Libya. He called the attack a terroist attack the day after in the Rose Garden.

Romney got called on it too.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

lolol....We did.  Read the last part of the transcript. He freakin' lied.  Also, why is it that he went to the UN and mentioned the video 6 times during his speech?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Obama didn't lie about Libya.

Read the transcripts.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

True but he did not have much substance.  He spun and did not offer much.  He's a man of many words but not much on the action side of the house. Romney has the experience and the record to back his success.   Obama lied tonight about Libya...........

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

I agree.  Obama was definitely more on his game tonight though.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Romney won on substance and presenting his plan for the future.

• AdellesMom
    October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    I did.

"No acts of terror..."

A terrorist attack. What do you think an act of terror is?

My goodness. The anti-Obama camp will never give Obama any credit. Good grief.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No ----he---- did----- not.  He did not say that was a terrorist attack.  He spun his words.  Look at the phrase that he used.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Ahhhh...deflection.

Obama didn't lie about Libya. He called the attack a terroist attack the day after in the Rose Garden.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

lolol....We did.  Read the last part of the transcript. He freakin' lied.  Also, why is it that he went to the UN and mentioned the video 6 times during his speech?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Read the transcripts.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

True but he did not have much substance.  He spun and did not offer much.  He's a man of many words but not much on the action side of the house. Romney has the experience and the record to back his success.   Obama lied tonight about Libya...........

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

• 1Giovanni
    October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    I wasn't sure who I was going to vote for until tonight,if it was going to be third party or obama. Tonight I decided I will vote for obama.
  • Jambo4
    by Jambo4
    October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

LOL... love Obama's pleading.. vote for me again...

• deepthinker
    October 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Romney still didn't give a plan, he just alluded to what he thought people wanted to hear.  

I liked the fact that the moderator and obama called him on his lie on camera, which is an example of the lies he tells but are only later found out in fact checking. 

Romney also was trying to make it seem as if his father was an immigrant.  Being born in Mexico to American parents is not being an Mexican immigrant, LOL.  Especially since his grandparents fled America to skirt the polygamy laws in the US.

Obama was on point with everything he said.  In 2009 he put forth a proposal to give taxes breaks to companies who hired America workers and it was stalled by congress.  (check the library of congress)

Obama was on point when he spoke about the lily ledbetter fair pay act which has been inacted.  for equal pay for women, also bringing about attention to the fact that his mom was a single mother.

Obama also made a great point about how he has saved and implemented laws to create jobs.  If he stood by a did nothing our ecnomy would not be improving it would be worse off then it already was. if jobs are going overseas because of corporations taking advantage of laws already in place, he can't do anything until those laws are repealed. But he has to have congress on board, and they aren't.  As a president you are not doing everything alone.

Obama has also set a record for the number of deportations for criminal illegal immigrants as well.

Romney flubbed it again.  All flash and no substance.  Obama comes with truth every time.  His first debate he didn't seem like himself, but he still was factual.  This time he was on point with facts and visual appeal.

• pvtjokerus
    October 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

lololol.... You can't pull an "Obama" on me.  Obama had the chance during this Rose Garden comments to say what it was.  Why do you think "he" allowed his UN Ambo to go on 4-6 shows within five days and tell everyone that the attacks were due to a video?  Why do you think that he spoke at the UN and talked about the video.  When asked about on the View....what did he say?  Come on, you are smarter than this......

Quoting AdellesMom:

I did.

"No act of terror..."

A terrorist attack. What do you think an act of terror is?

My goodness. The anti-Obama camp will never give Obama any credit. Good grief.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No ----he---- did----- not.  He did not say that was a terrorist attack.  He spun his words.  Look at the phrase that he used.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Ahhhh...deflection.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Read the transcripts.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

• AdellesMom
    Well, Romney is doing the same thing. He's begging people to vote for him too.

Quoting Jambo4:

LOL... love Obama's pleading.. vote for me again...

• brandydesiree

I didn't twist the statement. He did NOT call it a terrorist attack...HE DID NOT! You can spin it however you want, but Obama lied. He lied big-time and it is not okay. It is shameful, and you should be ashamed of it. Go ahead and charge ahead with your delusion that Obama is an honest man...I'm quite sure we will all see this tomorrow on FactChecker.

Quoting AdellesMom:

I love how you twisted his statement.

LOL

Quoting brandydesiree:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

You mean this? He is NOT calling it a terrorist attack. He is speaking in general terms...hence "ACTS of TERROR."

If he had said "We will not stand for THIS act of terror, he would have been calling it a terrorist attack. What he did was make a statement about terror in general. It is absolutely not the same. He then went on for weeks saying they were still investigating whether or not it was terrorism...are you going to deny that too?

Quoting AdellesMom:

No, Obama didn't lie about Libya.

Read the transcripts. ;-)

Quoting brandydesiree:

Romney won, hands down. He came out just as strong as the first debate. He stayed in line with the reasons I've decided to vote for him. Obama did much better this time, but still not good enough. Also, The President LIED about Libya and the moderator helped him.

• Mandi1215
    October 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Hahaha....Because you know me so well to say that I haven't looked at this objectively??  What in my statement says I haven't?  I have done my homework on both candidates, as I did in 2008.  Obama has no record of doing anything besides what he has done in the last four years, IMO he has failed, there for losing!   Romney on the other hand has a record of winning, LOOK IT UP!  And he is able to time and time again refer to the positive things he has done, unlike Obama who has not.  Because he doesn't have very much experience doing anything. 

So to look at it objectively I need to what?  Not look at the facts?  Go off a feeling, go off the smoke and mirrors that Obama uses to capture the American people?  No thanks, I am objective and I look at facts of what these two men have done.  Romney has obviously done more for his state, and for this country than Obama.  And that is a fact!

Quoting AdellesMom:

So, Romney won because he's your candidate?

Yet another person that fails to look at this objectively.

Quoting Mandi1215:

A record of winning.  A record of losing.  Hmmm, I know who I'm betting my future on.

Romney/Ryan!!!

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts