News & Politics

Featured Posts
JonJon
Romney asked about Blacks and the Mormon Church *Video*
by JonJon
October 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I don't really care about Blacks and the Mormon Church but I thought it was interesting how Romney handled the questions.  Check his last appearance in the video; he hesitated a long as he searched for the "right" way to answer the question to satisfy the reporter.  He should have been better prepared to answer that question. 

Replies

• conniejo75
    October 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    I do not believe it is right to focus on religion when this is a political race. Everyone can find good and bad in all religion.
  • Simmeringhearts
    October 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Where is the little clips about Biden supporting abortion, even though the Catholic church is against it?

• Simmeringhearts
    October 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM

The only reason she is focusing on religion because it is Romney. Biden is a practicing catholic. But, he supports abortion. I won't hold my breath for a clip on Biden.

Quoting conniejo75:

I do not believe it is right to focus on religion when this is a political race. Everyone can find good and bad in all religion.

• -Eilish-
    October 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Actually what should bother people is when he says that he would seek Providence in his decision making. Since Mormons believe that they have a living prophet with direct contact to God, and Mitt once held high positions in his church, I (as a Christian) would be concerned that he would be consulting his church president (their prophet) for decisions related to national policy. If you would be offended by a Muslim president seeking advice from his Imam, then this should be offensive to you.

• JonJon
    by JonJon
    October 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM

You mean the little clip wherein Biden says he holds with his Church but doesn't believe it's his right to impose his/his church's beliefs/tenets on non-Catholics?

That statement gave me confidence that when Biden shows up for work and puts on his VP paper hat, he leaves his personal beliefs and his church on the other side of the door.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Where is the little clips about Biden supporting abortion, even though the Catholic church is against it?

• JonJon
    by JonJon
    October 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Quoting conniejo75:

I agree.  I sure wish Romney would stop referring to his religion but I've never heard him say anything bad about it and to his credit I can't recall his saying anything bad about anyone else's religions.

• JonJon
    by JonJon
    October 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Another one who doesn't lose sleep over the truth.

This post isn't about religion; it's about Romney refusing to acknowledge his church once excluded blacks from joining,about how he couldn't say that's all changed and quote how many blacks have been accepted into the church.  I'm sure if he knew any black Mormons he'd have said so.  It's about how Mitt did not immediately say he believed the whole Bible or instead saying something about how the Bible is ancient and that it includes practices that are not currently condoned by today's society that he doesn't advocate such as stoning people to death or polygamy. 

It's a post about how Mitt practices avoidance and is willing to refer to his religion but when others ask about it, he acts uncomfortable and uncertain.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

The only reason she is focusing on religion because it is Romney. Biden is a practicing catholic. But, he supports abortion. I won't hold my breath for a clip on Biden.

Quoting conniejo75:

• norwgnwood
    October 13, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    When someone uses their religion to base their policies on that will affect so any people then I think its perfectly justifiable to question it. Also when a person follows a religion that justifies racism then it makes me question if they can be a leader of all races. It also takes me question their sanity.

Quoting conniejo75:

• norwgnwood
    October 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    It didn't just exclude blacks. Mormons believe(d) in polygamy because heaven has all these souls that need bodies therefore it was important to have as many babies a possible. Good souls go to white people and bad souls go to black people. The is what a former Mormon friend told me while discussing the religion.

Quoting JonJon:

Another one who doesn't lose sleep over the truth.

This post isn't about religion; it's about Romney refusing to acknowledge his church once excluded blacks from joining,about how he couldn't say that's all changed and quote how many blacks have been accepted into the church.  I'm sure if he knew any black Mormons he'd have said so.  It's about how Mitt did not immediately say he believed the whole Bible or instead saying something about how the Bible is ancient and that it includes practices that are not currently condoned by today's society that he doesn't advocate such as stoning people to death or polygamy. 

It's a post about how Mitt practices avoidance and is willing to refer to his religion but when others ask about it, he acts uncomfortable and uncertain.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting conniejo75:

• conniejo75
    October 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    Exactly. His faith has not been part of his platform. In fact it is the media that tries to bring it up and he refuses to debate religion at all.

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting conniejo75:

I agree.  I sure wish Romney would stop referring to his religion but I've never heard him say anything bad about it and to his credit I can't recall his saying anything bad about anyone else's religions.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN