News & Politics

Featured Posts
JonJon
Romney asked about Blacks and the Mormon Church *Video*
by JonJon
October 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I don't really care about Blacks and the Mormon Church but I thought it was interesting how Romney handled the questions.  Check his last appearance in the video; he hesitated a long as he searched for the "right" way to answer the question to satisfy the reporter.  He should have been better prepared to answer that question. 

Replies

• Jambo4
    by Jambo4
    October 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Well.. since he's not here, we'll just have to speculate.  I think he'd be proud of all that Mitt has accomplished in his life.  (I'll spare ya the naming of them all. ;)

Quoting JonJon:

I'm afraid that's not the case.  Good people spoil their kids, doing everything for them and working so hard and volunteering so much they neglect teaching their kids certain values.

Then there are those parents who do everything right but their kids do everything wrong because they were born bad seeds.

I don't believe is much like his dad and it's highly possible George Romney would not approve of a lot of things his son does and has done.

Quoting Jambo4:

True.. but so far Mitt has followed in his Dad's footsteps so I would have to lean toward emulating his Dad rather than running from his example.

Mitt also made references in 2008 about how proud he was of his Dad and his Dad's effort with civil rights (and he made the mistake of wording it as "seeing his father marching".. when in reality he was out of the country... so he hasn't mentioned much about it this time around... probably to keep that little snippet from circulating again)

Quoting Citygirlk:

That means nothing. There are a few moms here whos parent were racist and they arent does that mean that they we raised differently?

And i am in way no call mitt a racist.

Quoting Jambo4:

• JonJon
    by JonJon
    October 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM

That's an aspect of the voucher program I hadn't considered; suppose they put in a stipulation it can't be used for getting an abortion?

Quoting aihendricks86:

a choice to do what they want with their body. im totally prolife. i hate abortion. joe biden is personally against abortion but doesnt think it's right to force his view on others. paul ryan has no problem making those choices for other people.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

SERIOUSLY?! A choice for what?

Quoting aihendricks86:

he voted for people to have a choice. thats not voting for abortion

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Sorry. That line doesn't hold water. If he doesn't believe in it, he would not have voted for it.

Quoting aihendricks86:

He didnt say he supported abortion. he doesnt personally believe in it but doesnt think its right to impose his beliefs on others

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Where is the little clips about Biden supporting abortion, even though the Catholic church is against it?

• JonJon
    by JonJon
    October 17, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Well.. since he's not here, we'll just have to speculate.  

I enjoy speculating.  Despite what some say, life is a spectator sport.

I think he'd be proud of all that Mitt has accomplished in his life.  

As long as he didn't learn of the double-dealing and double-cross of Americans by outsourcing jobs and his plan to import "trained" workers rather than training and promoting from within.  George Romney was born in Mexico yet his son doesn't seem to have embraced his father's birthplace.  Tsk.  In fact, his advisor on immigration is the man who drafted the jack-booted laws that makes it legal for law enforcement in AZ to harrass people who "look" illegal!"  Nope, I'd say dad's spinning in his grave.

(I'll spare ya the naming of them all. ;)

I can tolerate a list of 10 with reliable, objective links.

Quoting JonJon:

I'm afraid that's not the case.  Good people spoil their kids, doing everything for them and working so hard and volunteering so much they neglect teaching their kids certain values.

Then there are those parents who do everything right but their kids do everything wrong because they were born bad seeds.

I don't believe is much like his dad and it's highly possible George Romney would not approve of a lot of things his son does and has done.

Quoting Jambo4:

True.. but so far Mitt has followed in his Dad's footsteps so I would have to lean toward emulating his Dad rather than running from his example.

Mitt also made references in 2008 about how proud he was of his Dad and his Dad's effort with civil rights (and he made the mistake of wording it as "seeing his father marching".. when in reality he was out of the country... so he hasn't mentioned much about it this time around... probably to keep that little snippet from circulating again)

Quoting Citygirlk:

That means nothing. There are a few moms here whos parent were racist and they arent does that mean that they we raised differently?

And i am in way no call mitt a racist.

Quoting Jambo4:

• SlightlyPerfect
    October 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Love Hitchens!

• JonJon
    by JonJon
    October 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Love Hitchens!

Not a fan at all but I'll temporarily suspend my disdain in this one instance.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN