News & Politics

MomTiara19
Needy Or Greedy?
October 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Hi ladies,

Which candidate would higher tax the middle class?

Is the needy for government sucking up funds?If so is this fair to people who do not use assistance?

Or do you believe greedy will be at play with the new shady policies if in office?Will the middle class be highly taxed and the rich barely?If so is this fair to the middle class who could fall into poverty should a family financial crisis occur?

Help the poor or or help the rich.... because as long as all is good in the economy.... you can help yourself as a middle class person.Pick your poison...lol..

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-05/romney-vow-to-lower-middle-class-taxes-at-odds-with-cap

~Tia

Replies

• Meadowchik
    October 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Obama has already raised taxes on the middle class, through Obamacare.

• Meadowchik
    October 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Regarding the needy, it is and always be important to help the helpless.  If we are going to do that, we must open opportunities for the willing and able to go to work and to keep working.  That's Romney's first objective as POTUS.

• 7SportsMom7
    October 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM

In my community, helping the needy is commonplace.  For those who are struggling with illness or family tragedy, we have regular dinner plans in which we all take a night to bring the family dinner (and these go on for months at time, especially during chemo); for those that lose their jobs or have financial struggles, we make donations for family necessities or assist with tuition; we rally around those in need and do fundraisers; donation sites are often created in our town for families going through crisis or a loss of a family member; children and teens are given a place to stay when things at home are too volatile.. and the list goes on.  

I hesitated to list the many good deeds my fellow parents and I participate in because that isn't the point.  The point that needs to be made is that there are really good people who rise to the occassion when people need it ... the goverment isn't the answer for everything.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi ladies,

Is the needy for government sucking up funds?If so is this fair to people who do not use assistance?

Or do you believe greedy will be at play with the new shady policies if in office?Will the middle class be highly taxed and the rich barely?If so is this fair to the middle class who could fall into poverty should a family financial crisis occur?

Help the poor or or help the rich.... because as long as all is good in the economy.... you can help yourself as a middle class person.Pick your poison...lol..

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-05/romney-vow-to-lower-middle-class-taxes-at-odds-with-cap

~Tia

• 4kidz916
    October 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Very well said.  Your community sounds a lot like mine.  

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

In my community, helping the needy is commonplace.  For those who are struggling with illness or family tragedy, we have regular dinner plans in which we all take a night to bring the family dinner (and these go on for months at time, especially during chemo); for those that lose their jobs or have financial struggles, we make donations for family necessities or assist with tuition; we rally around those in need and do fundraisers; donation sites are often created in our town for families going through crisis or a loss of a family member; children and teens are given a place to stay when things at home are too volatile.. and the list goes on.  

I hesitated to list the many good deeds my fellow parents and I participate in because that isn't the point.  The point that needs to be made is that there are really good people who rise to the occassion when people need it ... the goverment isn't the answer for everything.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi ladies,

~Tia

• godotherightthi
    October 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Romney's plan isn't to cut taxes on one group and raise them on another (that would be Obama) - his plan is to open the market, use wise regulations that don't hinder growth, raise revenue by getting more people employed, and cut the wasteful spending in order to reduce the deficit.

My opinion is that there is need and greed exist at all walks of life.

• paknari
    by paknari
    October 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    I live in a city. That would never happen. The churches are overwhelmed and cannot provide even all of the necessities. Yeah if you live in a small town you have a better chance. But I live in a place where battered women are required to live in the street while on a wait list for a battered women's shelter and the homeless are run out of any type of shelter because they make the city look bad.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi ladies,

~Tia

• 7SportsMom7
    October 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

We are in the metropolitan area of a major city and my city has nearly 160,000 people so I wouldn't call it a small town but I know what you mean.  I still think there are ways anyone can help ... a lot starts within schools and connecting with families.  And anyone can volunteer ... we have WEAVE in our nearby for battered women.

I know we are blessed with our support. 

Quoting paknari:

I live in a city. That would never happen. The churches are overwhelmed and cannot provide even all of the necessities. Yeah if you live in a small town you have a better chance. But I live in a place where battered women are required to live in the street while on a wait list for a battered women's shelter and the homeless are run out of any type of shelter because they make the city look bad.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi ladies,

~Tia

• paknari
    by paknari
    October 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    I do agree that stepping up does help. My church really does make a difference and it is awesome to see. But I also see a decline in awareness for the needy and a general disregard in current generations. I don't see as many volunteers as in past years. Its sad that this great country is moving more and more into the me me me attitude. Of course your family comes first but that's where it stops for most. I had a friend who recently needed to be in a battered women's shelter. It was a risk for her to stay anywhere that her abusive ex could find her. I called over 30 shelter and not one had room. She slep in her car with her 3 kids until that got repossessed. Then she luckily got into a shelter soon after. I think a mixture of both programs is the way to go because sometimes there is more need than donations.

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

We are in the metropolitan area of a major city and my city has nearly 160,000 people so I wouldn't call it a small town but I know what you mean.  I still think there are ways anyone can help ... a lot starts within schools and connecting with families.  And anyone can volunteer ... we have WEAVE in our nearby for battered women.

I know we are blessed with our support. 

Quoting paknari:

Quoting 7SportsMom7:

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi ladies,

~Tia

• Sisteract
    October 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Someone needs to tell all those goods folks in the Republican southern swath to start helping their fellow man- That area is one contiguous path of poverty. Clearly folks are not treating their neighbor as thyself in that region.

Facts, folks, facts.

• mommom2000
    October 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Obama has actually already lowered your taxes.  He lowered payroll taxes for 98% of Americans.  He also has given small business many tax breaks.  According to the experts if Romney puts in place his large tax cut the rich will make out like bandits, and the middle class will lose deductions and have their taxes raised.  He says it isn't going to add to the deficit, so mathematically middle class deductions will have to go.

News & Politics