News & Politics

Featured Posts
rocketracer
VP Debate Moderator...interesting back story.
October 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Politics ABC News scrambles to cover up Barack Obama’s attendance at VP debate moderator’s wedding

12:10 AM 10/10/2012

President Barack Obama was a guest at the 1991 wedding of ABC senior foreign correspondent and vice presidential debate moderator Martha Raddatz, The Daily Caller has learned. Obama and groom Julius Genachowski, whom Obama would later tap to head the Federal Communications Commission, were Harvard Law School classmates at the time and members of the Harvard Law Review.

After TheDC made preliminary inquiries Monday to confirm Obama’s attendance at the wedding, ABC leaked a pre-emptive statement to liberal-leaning news outlets including Politico and The Daily Beast Tuesday, revealing what may have been internal network pressure felt just days before Raddatz was scheduled to moderate the one and only vice-presidential debate Thursday night. Both Politico and The Daily Beast jumped to ABC and Raddatz’s defense. The Huffington Post, another liberal news outlet, joined them shortly thereafter, while calling “unusual” ABC’s attempt to kill the story before it gained wide circulation.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/10/abc-news-scrambles-to-cover-up-barack-obamas-attendance-at-vp-debate-moderators-wedding/#ixzz28tgirCtf

Replies

• SlightlyPerfect
    October 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?

• WinningWinning
    October 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    Well I was wrong about my prediction with the last debate so let's see how I do with this one.....
    I think Ryan will do well with his material but not as a speaker. Bieden will have the speaking part down but not a whole lot of substance.

I'm also reminded that in the grand scheme this debate is not all that important.
  • SlightlyPerfect
    October 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM

You're right. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. But I am really hoping Ryan and Biden clarify a lot of shit in this one. I want to see how each comes to the defense of his running mate, because that, coupled with the first presidential debate, can add a substantial amount of weight to this election and affect how people vote.

For the first time ever I am undecided, so Thursday's debate means a lot to me, actually.

Quoting WinningWinning:

Well I was wrong about my prediction with the last debate so let's see how I do with this one.....
    I think Ryan will do well with his material but not as a speaker. Bieden will have the speaking part down but not a whole lot of substance.

I'm also reminded that in the grand scheme this debate is not all that important.

• WinningWinning
    October 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I'm always undecided until after all the debates as well.
  • WinningWinning
    October 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    What people don't realize is the moderator will not be allowed to show any blatant bias. Martha may personally lean toward the Obama camp but she better not show it.
  • shimamab
    October 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    It was a joke, people. Lol still does indicate joking, doesn't it? Biden is old, Ryan is young...just participating in the finding a half assed connection to some kind of bigotry and calling it out that runs rampant on this board.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting shimamab:

What does Zilla's comments have to do with old people?
  • jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    October 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    Quoting shimamab:

Ok.
    Usually to be funny, there is something about the persons comment that correlates with the joke. I wasn't seeing it.
    Guess we have different views on funny, too. :)
  • Jambo4
    by Jambo4
    October 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I was just reading about this story this morning....

small world

• shimamab
    October 10, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    Guess that's why my comedy career never took off...always overestimating the audience's ability to follow along. Thanks for the tip :)

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting shimamab:

Ok.

Usually to be funny, there is something about the persons comment that correlates with the joke. I wasn't seeing it.

Guess we have different views on funny, too. :)
  • Jambo4
    by Jambo4
    October 10, 2012 at 1:32 PM

BUMP!

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts