News & Politics

Featured Posts
jcrew6
Obama Lied? On eve of House hearings, State Department finally admits.....
by jcrew6
October 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM
The State Department said Tuesday it never concluded that the consulate attack in Libya stemmed from protests over an American-made video ridiculing Islam, raising further questions about why the Obama administration used that explanation for more than a week after assailants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The revelation came as new documents suggested internal disagreement over appropriate levels of security before the attack, which occurred on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks on the U.S…

But asked about the administration’s initial – and since retracted – explanation linking the violence to protests over an anti-Muslim video circulating on the Internet, one official said, “That was not our conclusion.” He called it a question for “others” to answer, without specifying.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_US_LIBYA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-10-09-18-50-07

Replies

• DSamuels
    October 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    I'm surprised anyone ever believed the lie in the first place!
  • jaxTheMomm
    October 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I think you guys are getting pretty frothy.

• Billiejeens
    October 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Quoting happy2bmom25:

blaming that video defied all common sense in the first place.
    Intetesting timing. This cant be good for obamas upcoming election!

They were never on very tightly, but the wheels have come completely off this administration.

• itsmesteph11
    October 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I cannot believe the conservatives are not trying harder on this issue. I know they are now having hearings that will bring out more facts but  the general population isn't really paying much attention.  It's Obamas scandal, he lied, his state department lied at first and are just now admitting things but still not admitting they were lying in the first place. They are still trying to crawl out from under this.  There is no doubt now that our Government lied to us and we still are not sure why aside from trying to normalize things over there. A HUGE mistake!  Obama and his corrupt administration CANNOT be reelected.

• Billiejeens
    October 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

When someone is digging a hole, best not to take the shovel away from them.

Stay vigilant but it is over. One of the polling companies just announced that they weren't going to poll NC, Florida, or Virginia any longer, Romney was the inevitable winner in those states. Virginia was the only swing state I was even remotely concerned about, too many people from DC in northern Virginia.

It is going to be a landslide.

Quoting itsmesteph11:

I cannot believe the conservatives are not trying harder on this issue. I know they are now having hearings that will bring out more facts but  the general population isn't really paying much attention.  It's Obamas scandal, he lied, his state department lied at first and are just now admitting things but still not admitting they were lying in the first place. They are still trying to crawl out from under this.  There is no doubt now that our Government lied to us and we still are not sure why aside from trying to normalize things over there. A HUGE mistake!  Obama and his corrupt administration CANNOT be reelected.

• brandydesiree
    October 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    Exactly...I don't recall any deaths with Watergate

Quoting Billiejeens:

50 times worse than Watergate.

• brandydesiree
    October 10, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    Imo, this is why Obama is pushing early voting, the more info we get, the worse he looks. He's got to get the votes while he can.

Liar, liar, pants on fire!!!!
  • jaxTheMomm
    October 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Let's look at what Obama has said regarding the attack on the Libyan consulate:

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. ... No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

You can read more about the evolveing comments from the White House and State Dept here:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/world/libya-attack-statements/index.html

Furthermore, it's pretty important to note that congress has steadily voted for cuts to foreign operations.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Backchannels/2012/1005/Libya-attack-Congressmen-casting-blame-voted-to-cut-diplomatic-security-budget

Quote:

Since retaking control in 2010, House Republicans have aggressively cut spending at the State Department in general and embassy security in particular. Chaffetz and Issa and their colleagues voted to pay for far less security than the State Department requested in 2011 and again this year.

So I realize some of you guys are really, really excited about this and want to make as big a dent in the Obama campaign with this as possible, but I think it's very important to look at the ENTIRE situation, and not jump the gun.

• jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    October 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Obama said, "While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants." - Sept 12.

He blamed a you tube video.
  • 7SportsMom7
    October 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Maybe it will be brought up in the third debate on Foreign Policy.

Quoting itsmesteph11:

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN