News & Politics

Featured Posts
Jambo4
What are the excuses you have heard to why Obama flubbed the debate?
by Jambo4
October 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I'm keeping an informal list but I am missing some.. I'm sure..

Let's add them up...

1. High Altitude

Replies

• Lisa1273
    October 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I think it was because Obama changed his mind & decided he's voting for Romney!

american flag ribbon

• Jambo4
    by Jambo4
    October 5, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Quoting Lisa1273:

I think it was because Obama changed his mind & decided he's voting for Romney!

american flag ribbon

ha ha... *like*

Even Obama knows what's best for our country. wink mini

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 6, 2012 at 12:25 AM

You've donated to the Obama campaign. So if Obama had  won, would you want to tell people? Would you want to tell them why he won? 

I think you would - but because your guy lost, no one should ever try to understand what the candidates did to win or lose.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting celestegood:

In all honesty, I don't get why anyone makes excuses for someone they don't know.

He did ok, but he was not on his game.  Why, I don't know or care.

Well.. if you invested a lot of time, effort, and or money... you feel the need to justify your position.

(If by some fluke Romney does poorly.. I'm sure I'll have one or two excuses.. not that THAT is going to happen wink mini)

although I've never invested any money.. I'm rather put my ,mouth where my mouth is.. (I guess that replaces "money where your mouth is..." doesn't really work..lol)

Well, I have donated money to Obama's campaign.  So, for me, that seems kind of irrelevant.  I am not rich by any means, but I have donated a few times.

I just don't get why people try to defend a politician.  First off, you don't know him.  Second off, you were not there and anything you say is just a guess anyway.

In the greater scheme of things, it seems kind of pointless to worry about why some man you have never met did or said something in particular.

Why worry or make excuses?  I would make excuses for my offspring and maybe my spouse.  But for a man I have never met?  No.

• Lisa1273
    October 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Just another time Obama wasn't present!  LOL

Or maybe that was the best he has & he would have been better off not there!

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM

That's actually not correct. Obama spoke for four more minutes than Romney. And the moderator was tougher on Romney than on Obama, whom he even tried to help a couple of times. They both interrupted the moderator. Romney pushed back firmly at the end of the first question. Obama had started and Romney was supposed to finish. They went back and forth several times, and Jim Lehrer was going to cut Romney off instead of letting him finish that topic. So Romney made a big deal so he could finish the topic, as he should. Because the moderator stepped back and let the candidates speak, this was the closest thing to a pure debate I've ever seen in a presidential election.

Quoting Jambo4:

Everytime the President spoke, the narrator, wouldn't even give him the time he was supposed to get.

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM

- I think it is hard to defend a bad record that your administration and the mainstream meda has been spinning for you.

- Maybe he felt sick to his stomach? I don't think so.

- He was expecting the media's version of Mitt, and didn't realize the real Mitt is a formidable challenger.

- He didn't realize Romney's ideas, energy, and warmth would be felt by the crowd and the people at home more than Obama's felt "statesman" speaking ability.

- He didn't have a magic hanky like Romney wlth all the answers written in invisible ink.

- The debate even though in Colorado, was at 9 pm EDT. Maybe past his bedtime?

I really can't think of why - other than one brought their A-game and one did not.

That must have sucked having all the liberal punditsin the tank for Obama say that Romney creamed him. 

• celestegood
    October 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Do you even know me?  No, I wouldn't run around telling everyone who won.  The person who wins is all over the news-I doubt that it could make any difference.

If Obama won, I wouldn't be analyzing what he said from beginning of the debate to the end.  In reality, I think he did great.

But as I don't enjoy analyzing and taking things apart to scrutinize (even if "my guy" won) I wouldn't do that.

I give each person their due, and move on.  How hard is that to understand? 

I'll attribute your ignorance to the fact you don't know me.

Quoting SallyMJ:

You've donated to the Obama campaign. So if Obama had  won, would you want to tell people? Would you want to tell them why he won? 

I think you would - but because your guy lost, no one should ever try to understand what the candidates did to win or lose.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting celestegood:

In all honesty, I don't get why anyone makes excuses for someone they don't know.

He did ok, but he was not on his game.  Why, I don't know or care.

Well.. if you invested a lot of time, effort, and or money... you feel the need to justify your position.

(If by some fluke Romney does poorly.. I'm sure I'll have one or two excuses.. not that THAT is going to happen wink mini)

although I've never invested any money.. I'm rather put my ,mouth where my mouth is.. (I guess that replaces "money where your mouth is..." doesn't really work..lol)

Well, I have donated money to Obama's campaign.  So, for me, that seems kind of irrelevant.  I am not rich by any means, but I have donated a few times.

I just don't get why people try to defend a politician.  First off, you don't know him.  Second off, you were not there and anything you say is just a guess anyway.

In the greater scheme of things, it seems kind of pointless to worry about why some man you have never met did or said something in particular.

Why worry or make excuses?  I would make excuses for my offspring and maybe my spouse.  But for a man I have never met?  No.

• DSamuels
    October 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    Maybe Bill Maher is on to something......

"I'm sorry, he sucked," said Maher last night. "He looked tired. He had trouble getting his answers out. Looks like he took me million and spent it all on weed!"

Maher has given a million dollars to support President Obama's super PAC.
  • MomTiara19
    October 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Hi,

Romney won because of assertiveness and performance.

Romney also won the pinocchio award for lying.

Romney won battle for the best actor award or debate in this case

Obama will win the war...because at the end of the day Americans do not want a lying,callouse,greedy president.

Obama is extremely intelligent,is modest about all his accomplishments that we all take for granted everyday.Obama is a good man and cares about %100 of Americans,Romney could care less about%47 of us.

~Tia

• broncfan
    October 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    Your last paragraph makes me laugh. Modest? Cares about 100% ? Haha, he could care less about me and my family , the only good we are to him is we do actually pay taxes. But him care? Do n't fool yourself .

And Romney is 2000 times the man that eyecandy Barry could ever hope to be.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi,

Romney won because of assertiveness and performance.

Romney also won the pinocchio award for lying.

Romney won battle for the best actor award or debate in this case

Obama will win the war...because at the end of the day Americans do not want a lying,callouse,greedy president.

Obama is extremely intelligent,is modest about all his accomplishments that we all take for granted everyday.Obama is a good man and cares about %100 of Americans,Romney could care less about%47 of us.

~Tia

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts