News & Politics

ginabean4
Does Obama even want to be president?
October 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
First of all, I am genuinely interest in why people are still supporting Obama when he doesn't meet with his job council, he doesn't meet with Congress, he would choose to meet with celebrities over foreign leaders, he doesn't go to his briefings and he's spent $5 billion in tax payer money to go on vacations, and golfed 100 rounds of golf.

If you hired a CEO of a company and they only showed up to 38 percent of their meetings, they blew off your stockholders, they wasted trillions of company money in failed investments, they took 40 vacations days a year, and ran the company into unbelievable amounts of debt. How long would it take for you to say enough is enough and fire the guy? I think Obama wants all the glory and power of being president without any of the responsibility.

This was taken from this article
http://www.ijreview.com/2012/10/18105-does-barack-obama-even-want-to-be-president/

When someone wants something really bad, they truly dedicate themselves to it. Look at Steve Jobs tireless obsession with success at Apple, or Mark Zuckerberg’s unparalleled determination to make Facebook big; we just aren’t seeing that in President Obama with his bid for re-election. Consider these points:

Obama won’t meet with members of Congress.

President Obama has made very little effort to meet with members of Congress unless they are named Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid. A May Politico article pointed out that Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D – N.D.) “couldn’t recall the last time he talked to the president,” Sen. Tom Harkin (D – Iowa) hadn’t talked to the president in months about preventing a rate increase on student loans (one of Obama’s ‘top’ priorities), and Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D – N.M.), the chairman of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, “hasn’t spoken to the president much since the previous Congress.”

With virtually no legislative success since Democrats lost the majority in the House, Obama could be distancing himself from the ‘do-nothing’ Congress and banking on his prior successes, but is that what someone that wants to be the president really does? No. A president works to compromise, regardless of the situation, and that can’t happen without personal interaction.

Obama won’t meet with the Jobs Council.

Obama claims to be totally focused on jobs and jumpstarting the economy, but he hasn’t met with his Jobs Council since January. When questioned, White House press secretary Jay Carney gave a simple non-answer, “The president’s obviously got a lot on his plate.” Right…

Obama won’t receive National Security Briefings.

Washington Post writer Marc Thiessen recently pointed out that the Government Accountability Institute study showed that President Obama attended his Presidential Daily Brief only 43.8 percent of the time from inauguration through June 2012. His attendance record from 2011 through June 2012 was even worse at 38 percent.

Even more telling is that Obama skipped all briefings in the week leading up the attacks in Libya that resulted in the death of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

Does that sound like someone that wants to the president of the United States?

Obama won’t meet with foreign leaders.

Obama refused to meet any foreign leaders while a slew of them were here for the United Nations General Assembly in September. Curiously, Obama managed to attend multiple fundraisers, including one with Jay-Z and Beyoncé, make an appearance on Letterman’s Late Show, and sit down with the ladies on The View.

Obama clearly didn’t properly prepare for the debate last night.

If you caught any portion of the debate last night, it was very clear that Obama, with his head consistently looking at his podium, was not prepared for Romney’s onslaught. Chris Matthews, who notably feels a “thrill going up [his] leg” when Obama speaks, said, ”I don’t know what [Obama] was doing out there. He had his head down, he was enduring the debate rather than fighting it.” He added, “What was Romney doing? He was winning.”

Replies

• DSamuels
    October 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Sometimes I wonder myself. I think he wanted to be president, but I don't think he thought about what the job entailed or how hard it is. Maybe he thought it was all about the celebrity ~ the vacations, the respect, the golf, the travel, people fawning over him, etc.

Did you see the clip of him talking on the phone to someone when he took a break and went to visit campaign headquarters in Vegas? He's telling the person that in the debate prep they are working him hard, it's like doing homework and "it's a drag." Really? No wonder he didn't do so well. 

• AdellesMom
    October 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    Well, I wonder why anyone in their right mind would support Romney. So, we're even! ;) (Heavy sarcasm font for the sarcasm impaired.)

The fact of the matter is that people are going to vote for the person that bests aligns with their views. Nothing that you, the next poster, or I say will change that. For the most part, people's minds are made up.

Anyone who says "why would you vote for _____" is full of it. I think that they're closed minded too. JMO
  • jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    October 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM
    Obama has proven he cannot lead a nation. He is a failure and doesn't deserve 4 more years.

News & Politics