News & Politics

Carpy
Who won?
by Carpy
October 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I think Romney scored some very good points, he looked very involved and passionate.  Obama spent to much time looking down, seemed bored and not to passionate in his replies.

Replies

• broncfan
    October 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM
    Reach......much?

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Excited over the most dull debate ever. Lame

Agree; it was very dull.  Disappointing.  But hey, they were talking economy which bored me in school, too.  Let's hope foreign and domestic policy questions posed by Undecideds selected by Gallup with result in a more rousing debate.

The great difference between Obama and Romney that no one's mentioned is that Romney has little else to think about but campaigning while the President still has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  I also doubt Romney has received as many death threats as the President has received.  I sometimes wonder if the President becomes aware of a threat just before going on stage during the campaign, probably more to unnerve him than actual threats but disconcerting and distracting all the same.  Such concerns may lead to the President's flat performance.  He also has to be careful how he speaks because all the people saying he wasn't aggressive enough would be sayinghe was too aggessive and arrogant if he'd done as Romney did.  It's better to err on the "too passive" side than the "over-aggressive" side.

• SallyMJ
    by SallyMJ
    October 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Watch the debate again. Romney and Obama both wanted to address comments made by the other, so both of them kept interrupting Jim Lehrer. On all the questions, they both wanted to address comments made by the other. On the first question, they went back and forth a LOT of times. Since Obama went first, Romney needed to go last. Jim Lehrer almost didn't give Romney that last time, until he insisted on it. I took notes, and noted that Lehrer interrupted both of them, and both of them talked over him, but he seemed to be harsher on Romney.

Quoting DixieL:

The president won. Romney wouldn't shut up and the narrator let him talk as much as he wanted. Everytime the President spoke, the narrator, wouldn't even give him the time he was supposed to get. Also, everytime Romney opened his mouth, as usual he either lied or stuck his foot in it.

• aMarieT
    by aMarieT
    October 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM

even the Huffington Post is calling this one for Romney

ROMNEY WINS THE NIGHT 

• BradleysMom119
    October 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I guess if you were/are rooting for Obama then you would have been bored/dissappointed with the debate because Romney was on top of his game and Obama was not...

Quoting shimamab:

Hahaha! Guess when you have a dull candidate, a dull debate is pretty exciting. To me it was like bizarre-o world excitement...the anti-excitement...where excitement goes to die...a vast vacuum of excite-less-ness. You feel me?!? :)

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Excited over the most dull debate ever. Lame

• Jayaitch
    October 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM

America has this one shot to recover.  And only if Romney is elected as our president.  He is intelligent, gracious, well-informed, knows what he is talking about, doesn't hide behind previous presidents' mistakes, will balance the budget for my children and grandchildren.  Yes, Romney won! 

• blondekosmic15
    October 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Quoting Jayaitch:

America has this one shot to recover.  And only if Romney is elected as our president.  He is intelligent, gracious, well-informed, knows what he is talking about, doesn't hide behind previous presidents' mistakes, will balance the budget for my children and grandchildren.  Yes, Romney won! 

shake hand

• blondekosmic15
    October 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

This upcoming debate shall be interesting. I'm cheering for Paul Ryan...

• MotorSheen
    October 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Truth is, Obama hasn't been challenged..... by anyone, on his record, until tonight.

Once challenged, he folded like a cheap lawn chair.

He didn't look strong, he didn't look presidential either.

Debate prepping with Whoopie Goldberg might not have been the best strategy.

• Lunarprancer
    October 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM
    Quoting Pema_Jampa:

He was with Romney. I'd be bored also.

Lame and ignorant response.
  • Lacey14
    by Lacey14
    October 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

It may be just me, but I'm not even sure if Obama is passionate about winning the election.  I haven't heard any promises from him, or excitement about what he will bring to the office for the next four years.  He almost looks tired and ready to pass the wand.  But of course, I don't know of any president that has stepped down after the first four.  It just seems to me, that he accomplished what he wanted to do, and has nothing else to offer.

Quoting jcrew6:

Romney was willing to discuss the next four years. Obama admitted he will do what he has done the last four years. Where has that gotten this nation?

News & Politics