News & Politics

Featured Posts
MomTiara19
Are You And DH Both Dem OR Rep?
October 3, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Do you and your dh both have the same view as far as republican,democrat,or independent?My dh and I arent.I am a moderate democrat and he is independent but leans more towards conservatism.Despite our differences ...we spar...but respect one anothers view.In the end we decide together who we want as president...yet at the end of the day we arent in the voters booth together...lol..

Alot of people cant see how with different views we have managed to stay married over 13 years.We both are very passionate,respectful,and adore one another over all.

~Tia

Replies

• Kate_Momof3
    October 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM

That's great that your marriage is based more on love than politics.

My dh and I are different, too. I'm far more disillusioned by Obama and Washington, DC in general and I vote Green. He votes Democrat. Period. He is loyal to the Democrats at every level and it irks me when he won't acknowledge that almost everyone in Washington is cut from the same cloth regardless of party.

We're both looking forward to the debates, though I wish it included Stein and Johnson. 

• tnmomofive
    October 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM

My hub WAS democrat.He thinks that the party has gone way over the deep end..is now an indie.I am a conservative.We don't argue over politics and we tend to agree more often than not.

• numbr1wmn
    October 3, 2012 at 8:27 AM

We are both Republicans. Honestly, I couldn't marry a democrat.

• mommom2000
    October 3, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Wow

Quoting numbr1wmn:

We are both Republicans. Honestly, I couldn't marry a democrat.

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    October 3, 2012 at 8:42 AM

My husband was democrat too.  He has changed and votes republican now.

Quoting tnmomofive:

My hub WAS democrat.He thinks that the party has gone way over the deep end..is now an indie.I am a conservative.We don't argue over politics and we tend to agree more often than not.

• mommom2000
    October 3, 2012 at 8:43 AM

We are both democrats, I am probably more liberal and he's a moderate.  His family is mostly republican, so political conversations never go well.

• broncfan
    October 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    We were both dems, me a southern dem him a Boston Kennedy type dem. we then sorta said we were independent , but now we have decided we are Republican more than anything else.
  • JakeandEmmasMom
    October 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    We are both Republicans. He doesn't really enjoy discussing politics though, and relies on me to give him the Cliff's Notes version of what is going on.
  • denise3680
    October 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM

We are both non affiliated or independent:/  I have voted Republican in the past and also democrat.  I will vote for who I think is best regardless of party affiliation.  We  both agree more than not but I tend to be much more open minded than he is.  My 18 year step daughter lives with us now and this will be her first time voting:)  so proud:)  I told her to make informed decisions, not to follow the hype and vote for who she thinks will benefit her and her generations need in the long run. 

• rachelrothchild
    October 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I label myself a libertarian/constitutionalist, while DH still calls himself a Republican, but he leans libertarian. We have a lot of the same views on issues, so we don't have many disagreements.  I pretty much can't stand either party anymore.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts