News & Politics

Featured Posts
Ednarooni160
Pastor Offers Fiery Rebuke of Fellow Blacks: End Your ‘Slavish Devotion to the Democrat Party’
Eds
October 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Pastor Offers Fiery Rebuke of Fellow Blacks: End Your ‘Slavish Devotion to the Democrat Party’

Bishop E.W. Jackson Calls on Blacks to End Devotion to Democratic Party

Bishop E.W. Jackson (Photo Credit: YouTube)

The Bishop E.W. Jackson, founder of Chesapeake, Virginia-based Exodus Faith Ministries, recently released a controversial video calling for African Americans to make a mass exodus from the Democratic Party. Throughout the clip, Jackson delivers stinging blows to both liberals and the African Americans who continue to support them, while decrying what he sees as a “slavish devotion to the Democrat Party.”

“They have insulted us, used us, and manipulated us. They have saturated the black community with ridiculous lies,” he said, speaking directly to the black community. ”They think we are stupid and that these lies will hold us captive while they violate everything we believe as Christians.”

Jackson went into detail in the video, taking aim at the “unholy alliance” that he sees between Democrats, faux-civil rights leaders and Planned Parenthood.

“The Democratic Party has created an unholy alliance between certain so-called civil rights leaders and Planned Parenthood, which has killed unborn black babies by the tens of millions,” he proclaimed.

On the morality front, Jackson took issue with the party’s internal debate over “God” being dropped from its platform and derided the notion that homosexuality should be equated “with being black.“ He called the later tenet of the Democratic Party an ”outrageous lie.”

“We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

Replies

• Ednarooni160
    Eds
    October 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM

“We as Christians ought to know better. Shame on us for allowing ourselves to be sold to the highest bidder,” Jackson continued, telling his fellow black pastors that they, too, would need to make a decision between supporting Democrats and embracing Jesus.

• sthflachk
    October 1, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    Bwahahaha...um, yeah, whatever.
  • broncfan
    October 1, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    He is right, the poor , black or white are given "just enough" to get by. There is very little promotion of self responsibility and respect. A cheap way to buy votes, but expensive on the morality cost. How can anyone think that what we are doing now for our poor is a good thing, talking about keeping people in chains.
  • AdellesMom
    October 1, 2012 at 6:02 PM

That man is incorrect in more ways than one. I cannot take anything that he says seriously. 

• ambertreas76
    October 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    I know for a fact that the African Americans were extremely irate after it was released that the Supreme Court is upholding affirmative action as a policy to get drug dealing Mexican illegals out of prison.
  • imamomzilla
    October 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Smart man. :-)

• AdellesMom
    October 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM

There is something seriously wrong with that statement. Voting Republican doesn't make someone more of a Christian than someone that votes Democrat. If this man was truly reccomending that Christians vote strictly on Christian values, he'd recommend that people do not vote. Why? No one running for President exemplifies the chracteristics of a TRUE "saved" Christian. As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician." My former Pastor talked about this in his sermon yesterday.

Regardless of all of that, people should vote on good conscience. They should vote for the person that represents what they believe in the most, regardless of who it is. Telling congregants to become Republicans because he's a Republican is wrong, and quite possibly unethical. 

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith isn't determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either. 

You're a Christian, you should know that. 

**No, I'm not a Christian. I am a black woman and I was a Christian for many years.**

Quoting Ednarooni160:

• _Kissy_
    by _Kissy_
    October 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    And never expect to be accepted by the Republican party.

Jest saying. Ridiculous.
  • mustbeGRACE
    October 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM

The Republican Platform is something Republicans can be proud of.

We don't have to align ourselves with abortion or gay marriage.

That is liberating.

It is so silly to accept the Democratic Platform  as one' s own, accepting abortion and gay marriage, and profess Christianity.

Absurd.

• Ednarooni160
    Eds
    October 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Quoting AdellesMom:

There is something seriously wrong with that statement. Voting Republican doesn't make someone more of a Christian than someone that votes Democrat. If this man was truly reccomending that Christians vote strictly on Christian values, he'd recommend that people do not vote. Why? No one running for President exemplifies the chracteristics of a TRUE "saved" Christian. As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician." My former Pastor talked about this in his sermon yesterday.

Regardless of all of that, people should vote on good conscience. They should vote for the person that represents what they believe in the most, regardless of who it is. Telling congregants to become Republicans because he's a Republican is wrong, and quite possibly unethical. 

Saying that someone isn't a "true Christian" because they vote for Democrats or because they're a Democrat is a completely fallacious and just plain ignorant line of logic. According to the Bible, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." So, faith is determined by who you vote for. Salvation isn't determined by who you vote for either. 

You're a Christian, you should know that. 

**No, I'm not a Christian. I am a black woman and I was a Christian for many years.**

Quoting Ednarooni160:

As my former Pastor would say: "It's hard to be 'saved' and be a politician."

You (general you) cannot serve two masters..no matter how you (general you) try to slice it.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts