News & Politics

Featured Posts
LindsayFerrier
Obama for America Campaign Director Answers CafeMom Members' Questions on the New Health Care Law
April 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Hi Ladies!

In an effort to answer some of the questions and concerns you've shown over the new health care law, Obama for America Deputy Campaign Director Stephanie Cutter is taking questions on it from CafeMom members. We'll be posting her answers next week on The Stir.

Whether you're for or against the new law, this is a great opportunity to get answers about it from the Obama campaign's perspective. I've seen a great deal of misinformation out there and realize it can be tough to separate fact from fiction, so I'm eager to read Ms. Cutter's responses.

Please leave any questions you have about the new law in the comments of this post and I'll forward them on to Stephanie Cutter.

Thanks!

Replies

• mmtosam06
    April 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    Is it affordable for single moms?
  • tsuzuki13
    April 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM

If you cannot afford your own health insurance, are unemployed, under-employed or do not work for an employer that provides health insurace, how can you acquire coverage?

I know I have a seaonal job and do not qualify for that company's benefits, and I also am self employed, but do not make enough at this time to purchase my own health insuranse - will I be fined or will there be an option of sorts for someone like myself?

• LindsayFerrier
    April 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM

BUMP!

• matreshka
    April 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM

If your (or your spouses') employer provides health care that is too expensive, is a public option availible to help bridge the gap cost-wise?

• matreshka
    April 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Will the penalty of not carrying insurance be the same as Massachusetts' penalty which we (in MA) would have had to pay on our taxes if we weren't covered.

• matreshka
    April 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Will those in states that recognize civil unions between two same sex individuals have the same rights to spousal insurance coverage as those who live in states where same sex marriage is leagal?

Would the new health care bill end coverage for those in domestic partnerships (no matter of same sex or hetero) when the private insurnace company at certain large jobs (I'm thinking MassMutual) allows for it.

• LindsayFerrier
    April 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM

BUMP!

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts