News & Politics

Meadowchik
This Alone Should Be Enough to Disqualify Obama for Re-Election
March 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM

A quick glance at the Federal Debt Clock shows the following...

A number growing really fast but as of 6 AM Pacific Time on Tuesday it's at $15,588,614,000,000 and getting bigger really fast.

Our current administration has added a third of that total in three years. That number was $8.67 trillion in January of 2007 when Nancy Pelosi became Speaker of the House, Harry Reid took over the Senate, and Barack Obama became a Senator. http://www.redstate.com/california_y...peaker-pelosi/

Of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency, Democrats have controlled two of those three if not all three every year since 2007, and in those five years we have seen the total debt for a nation that is more than 230 years old almost double.

And what's scary, is that our current president doesn't even talk about it. The debt will reach 16 trillion before election day and would reach more than 20 trillion before the end of a second Obama term...And Obama and his party won't even pass a budget. That level of fiscal incompetence all by itself is reason enough to send the Democrats packing.

Replies

• asfriend
    April 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM

That is completely false the Republican led house has repeatedly passed  budget bills

The Democratic led Senate has refused to even vote on a budget in three years, even though they have the votes to pass one without having to have a single Republican vote.

Where do you get your information?

Quoting matreshka:

NEITHER party is willing to pass a budget  They both put theirs on the table and are now acting like children not wanting to compromise.

• JanetMonroe1991
    April 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

yeah cause his party has TOTAL control of congress....oh wait...silly me that must have someone else's congress in the fanasty world that repubs live in where everyone has puppies and children, corperations are people, and you don't need control of both chambers of congress to get things done. i could post video clips of repub house members who don't even understand how congress works but since when have facts ever meant anything to the birther party?

And the opposition is likely to increase id Obama is re-elected, as the GOP has some good prospects of gaining seats.  Why not Romney? He is a strong bipartisan leader who has experience streamlining organizations and an aptitude for fiscal matters.

for me at least, i refuse to vote for someone that i don't know where they stand on issues that matter to me. see hes "changed his mind" so many times in the past that he is the only one that knows where he truely stands. and normally that wouldn't bother me so much, only hes changed his mind on pretty much everything you can change your mind about and those changes have coresponded with the people he is trying to win over. in other words he is saying whatever he thinks the people he is talking to want to hear. watch when he is running vs obama how quickly he backs off of many of his statements to try and swing himself back to the middle. watch but don't be fooled into beliving that a single word that is coming out of his mouth is true.

and i wouldn't say that the GOP has a good chance of gaining seats...considering that they have pissed off women across the nation with their attack on our rights. you know focusing on our bodies when they should be focused on trying to create jobs. if you think that we fail to notice what is going on at the state level and that we can be lulled into beliving that they really want what is best for us then your crazy. and if you believe they really want what is best for us, when what they really want is total control over our bodies, then your stupid and i can't think of a nicer way of putting that.

• Meadowchik
    April 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

yeah cause his party has TOTAL control of congress....oh wait...silly me that must have someone else's congress in the fanasty world that repubs live in where everyone has puppies and children, corperations are people, and you don't need control of both chambers of congress to get things done. i could post video clips of repub house members who don't even understand how congress works but since when have facts ever meant anything to the birther party?

And the opposition is likely to increase id Obama is re-elected, as the GOP has some good prospects of gaining seats.  Why not Romney? He is a strong bipartisan leader who has experience streamlining organizations and an aptitude for fiscal matters.

for me at least, i refuse to vote for someone that i don't know where they stand on issues that matter to me. see hes "changed his mind" so many times in the past that he is the only one that knows where he truely stands. and normally that wouldn't bother me so much, only hes changed his mind on pretty much everything you can change your mind about and those changes have coresponded with the people he is trying to win over. in other words he is saying whatever he thinks the people he is talking to want to hear. watch when he is running vs obama how quickly he backs off of many of his statements to try and swing himself back to the middle. watch but don't be fooled into beliving that a single word that is coming out of his mouth is true.

This, to me, is rather silly.  I respect someone who can change their mind, and when Romney has changed his mind  it has been for 1 of 3 reasons as far as I can tell: 1) a true change of heart--and he has not gone back and forth, either. 2)changing position to what is feasible due to the will of the people, in other words, he's not a dictator or egotist, and 3) changing position bc a new understanding of the law: he respects the rule of law.  Those are changes I can respect and which I actually find essential in a leader of good character.

and i wouldn't say that the GOP has a good chance of gaining seats...considering that they have pissed off women across the nation with their attack on our rights. you know focusing on our bodies when they should be focused on trying to create jobs. if you think that we fail to notice what is going on at the state level and that we can be lulled into beliving that they really want what is best for us then your crazy. and if you believe they really want what is best for us, when what they really want is total control over our bodies, then your stupid and i can't think of a nicer way of putting that.

Hopefully you and others who are unhappy with their state congressmen and governors will make their voices known. Just remember that state Congressmen are not US Congressmen ;) The National GOP is not waging a war on women, but Obama sure would love it if women thought so, which I'm pretty sure is why he went back and forth on the contraception mandate: first he promised religious protections, then he dropped them, then he shifted the cost as a so-called "middle ground."  This is classic Obama: divide and conquer. He is very good at manufacturing division but unable to unite both sides of the aisle in a practical manner. We need him out.

• Debrowsky
    April 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM

You made some very good observations about Mitt Romney that I hadn't thought of before, Meadowchick.  I also appreciated your evaluations of Obama's track record.  all in all I think you made some very valid points.   thanks. 

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

This, to me, is rather silly.  I respect someone who can change their mind, and when Romney has changed his mind  it has been for 1 of 3 reasons as far as I can tell: 1) a true change of heart--and he has not gone back and forth, either. 2)changing position to what is feasible due to the will of the people, in other words, he's not a dictator or egotist, and 3) changing position bc a new understanding of the law: he respects the rule of law.  Those are changes I can respect and which I actually find essential in a leader of good character.

Hopefully you and others who are unhappy with their state congressmen and governors will make their voices known. Just remember that state Congressmen are not US Congressmen ;) The National GOP is not waging a war on women, but Obama sure would love it if women thought so, which I'm pretty sure is why he went back and forth on the contraception mandate: first he promised religious protections, then he dropped them, then he shifted the cost as a so-called "middle ground."  This is classic Obama: divide and conquer. He is very good at manufacturing division but unable to unite both sides of the aisle in a practical manner. We need him out.

• Meadowchik
    April 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Thanks, Debrowsky! :)

Quoting Debrowsky:

You made some very good observations about Mitt Romney that I hadn't thought of before, Meadowchick.  I also appreciated your evaluations of Obama's track record.  all in all I like you made some very valid points.   thanks. 

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

• Crystal667
    September 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM

OMG.... We are DOOOMED lol VOTE ROMNEY

• paknari
    by paknari
    September 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    How about at least placing the blame on congress for not passing a budget. After all, it goes to the president after congress approved it.
  • shimamab
    September 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    Exactly. I guess pretending that only one party is at fault plays better during an election year. Neither party is willing to budge and that sucks!!!! I say clean house and start with some fresh faces without years of bad blood and favors to live up/down.

Quoting paknari:

How about at least placing the blame on congress for not passing a budget. After all, it goes to the president after congress approved it.
  • pvtjokerus
    September 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Biden said yesterday that it was Bush's fault.  And yet there are idiots out there that believe it.

• pvtjokerus
    September 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

CONGRESS IS AGAIN ON A CONTINUING RESOLUTION.  This is PATHETIC.  They can't pass a simple budget for the U.S. budget.  Thank you Reid and Obama for making it 4 straight years of breaking the law.

News & Politics