News & Politics

Featured Posts
Cafe Robin
Are your family’s finances better off than they were 3 years ago?
November 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM

How would you describe your family’s financial situation right now?

Has it gotten better or worse in the past three years?

Replies

• clemonade
    August 26, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Not so sure, to be honest.  Well, hubby still makes almost the same.  I do as well.  We have a second home we purchased within last 3 years and sort of iffy tenants in the first home.  I don't work full-time but the money is still good.  I can't work full-time as I homeschool and manage the home while the hubby works full-time in the military.  I say we make darn good money but we don't have what we used to in savings and that always bothers me.  We had like 15k in bank but spent a lot putting down money n both homes and upgrading the homes. Now, less than 1k is in the savings.  But, we don't pay any bills late and that's a plus.  We have more CC debt(smh).

• cmrrivera2
    September 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM

My core belief is that children have a right to both fit and loving parents in their life. Although all Non Custodial Parents face a wide array of issues, I am hosting a new Support Group for the women of New Jersey where the core role is to provide a community of emotional support to the Mothers who find themselves in the position of being shut out of their children’s lives emotionally or geographically. This support group will FINALLY provide communities with emotional support for women and seek out additional support and resources to help maintain a loving and nurturing relationship with with their children. It is strongly focused on helping Non Custodial Moms deal with the excruciating pain a Mother faces when being torn from the children she bore for nine months and, in most cases, was the primary care giver for prior to separation. It provides for collaborative action to increase public awareness and research about non custodial
    mothers. The purpose of the group sessions are to provide:

* Self-awareness
    * Healing
    * New friends
    * A sense of community
    * Support of others
    * A way to learn coping skills
    * Meet with people that work in the court system
    * and learn case studies and changes in Family Law.....and much more.
    I urge you to show your support for the Support Group by meeting with other women and encouraging one another to discuss important issues about non custodial mothers.
    Our first meeting will be held on November 9, 2012 from 7pm to 8:30pm at the following location:
    2500 Shafto Road
    Tinton Falls, New Jersey 07712

Refreshments will be provided and you are also welcomed to bring additional snacks. To better accomodate everyone, please arrive on time so that those that are coming from far away are not leaving at the end of the session too late at night. If you know of a supporting friend, family or neighbor that may be interested, please feel free to invite them along too. I have enjoyed the opportunity to meet most of you by email and read most of your stories. I hope that we can all get together and support one another. Please RSVP by November 1st so that refreshments can be planned accordingly.
    If you need additional directions or have any questions, please feel free to contact me at cmrrivera2@yahoo.com. Your support is appreciated and I hope to see you all there.

• Jambo4
    by Jambo4
    September 24, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Wow.. this is an old post!  Almost a year old.. funny that we are still asking this question with much of the same sad results.

• smark321
    September 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I am happy to see that there are people who are better off than they were 3years ago. However, it seems to me that the majority seem to be on a much tighter budget as ,for instance , food prices have really gone up, especially lately, the price of meat products. We see people who are still loosing their homes and the number of children  that are hungry is distressing. Busineses are still closing, and as it seems that the restaurant business seems to be improving a bit, they are also still on a rather tight string, as are the hospitality businesses.  I truly believe that we will all survive this and come out the other side as a society that is not as superficial about marterial things and hopefully more attuned to the things that really matter.

• pj2becca21
    September 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM
    Worse off. 3 years ago we could live off a pay check from a part time jobs (my x wad still in high school
  • rocketracer
    September 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Quoting deviansfight:

So much better!  But not due to any government anything, it's all because we've been following the Dave Ramsey plan.

Don't you wish the gov't would follow the Dave Ramsey plan?

• Mommy_of_Riley
    September 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    Honestly we are about the same.

A little worse off pay wise but that's because of an error with My husband's admin... Once it's fixed we'll be back on track.
  • idee
    by idee
    September 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Our situation is Ok. I'd like to be able to find a job after school but I look at the job listings and they all want experience even in the internship areas. Plus I paid for my education, I did not get a loan. So I guess we did alright.

• Peanutx3
    September 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Well MoR because of certain terrible circumstances I was able to refinance my home and pay down the mortgage so now I get to keep my house and I will never have to refi the mortgage again.  I got an incredible interest rate.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

:-(
    Can you change the rate?

Quoting Peanutx3:

In one respect we are better off then three years ago with my pay raises however DH has had a pay freeze for the last three years and now we are closer to the time in our mortgage that it will start adjusting and long story short the bank won't work with us.  When that rate starts adjusting we will not be able to keep our home.

• Mommy_of_Riley
    September 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    I just noticed how old this post was...

I'm very glad that keeping your home isn't a worry now though. :-)

HUGS

Quoting Peanutx3:

Well MoR because of certain terrible circumstances I was able to refinance my home and pay down the mortgage so now I get to keep my house and I will never have to refi the mortgage again.  I got an incredible interest rate.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Can you change the rate?

Quoting Peanutx3:

In one respect we are better off then three years ago with my pay raises however DH has had a pay freeze for the last three years and now we are closer to the time in our mortgage that it will start adjusting and long story short the bank won't work with us.  When that rate starts adjusting we will not be able to keep our home.

News & Politics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts