Bloodhound Mamas

miller060905
papers?
December 15, 2011 at 8:21 PM

is your dog registered? with who?

Wesley is registered with America's Pet Registry.  I know a lot of people won't get a puppy that isn't AKC registered but for me, he was only to be my baby. I have no intentions of showing or breeding. I do know he is from good bloodlines.  Both his grandparents and great grandparents are all AKC registered just not his parents. The female she just never wanted to I guess and the male was not AKC registerable because one of his parents was bought with limited registration and not supposed to be bred.

Replies

• haymama
    by haymama
    December 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    Eh papers dont matter that much to me, i like knowing about the parents and background but i dont "require" papers. Our dogs arent registered, we dont plan to show dogs though.
  • miller060905
    December 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM

yea they don't really matter so much to me either. I almost prefer to buy ones that aren't papered. a lot of times they are just as good of dogs but it seems like when they are AKC the breeder feels they can charge A LOT more for them. Our last dog, a rott, was excellent. she had great bloodlines and was absolutely beautiful. she was not registered and we got her for $300 as opposed to the $1200 registered ones we found that weren't really any "better" than ours.

Quoting haymama:

Eh papers dont matter that much to me, i like knowing about the parents and background but i dont "require" papers. Our dogs arent registered, we dont plan to show dogs though.

• Bluetick
    December 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    Mine are registered w united kennel club the american kennel club and the professional kennel club.

Bloodhound Mamas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN