Around 40ish Dungeon Divas

First date. I feel funny. Update!
May 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Claire is going on her first date this coming Sunday. Not so much a 'going out' type date. They're meeting at the gazebo in front of the library and he's going to teach her how to play a couple of chords on his guitar. She was invited to join his band. *gg*

It would be much cuter if I hadn't suddenly realized that she's going to be 16 in 2 weeks. When did that happen?!?

And I feel like I should know more about this boy. And his family. And his intentions. I'm thiiiiis close to going all Victorian on his ass!

I think it went well! She was sooooo nervous beforehand when I dropped her off. Since they were outside the whole time, even under shade, I made sure she had a bottle of water.

She hasn't said much about it since then, but I'll ask her a little more today.

Since she seemed happy when I picked her up, I think we can call it a success. :)

May 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I would not want to do that again. I was so  over protective with my DD that oit is wonder she did not hit the door at 18 and never look back.  LOL  Somehow we managed and are pretty darn close.  It is public place and you are dropping off and picking up ,right?  Give her a little room and it will help her confidence grow... and do check him out... facebook, firends,  whatever.... nothing wrong with that.  

• sonogal
    by sonogal
    May 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    I guess its really different with boys. A started saying K when he was 16...not his first gf by any means, but the others we drove the kids to and from skating rinks, dances, etc.
    No harm in checking him out (we didn't have social media back then!)
  • firemouse23
    May 15, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I definitely don't miss those days.  I would get the info on that boy and his parents before letting her go.  I think it's cute she wants to learn a few cords on his guitar.  Good luck with this next stage coming in her life.

• BrenMOM
    by BrenMOM
    May 15, 2013 at 8:18 AM

heck, I would say you can check him out.  LOL

in this day and age esp.

My girls didn't do MUCH dating in school... and Rachel really didnt do much in college..but Allie did.

Just made sure she knew my rules.... and surprisingly she did, and used them.

Maybe show up a bit early at the park...and do your art at another location?  of course,NOT in plain sight.

AND remind her, if she feels like she needs to end the date sooner than expected,not to be ashamed to call you.

• SusanTheWriter
    May 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

What rules did y'all have? I can't think of anything right now because I'm in such a tizzy!

I looked at his FB and it all seems perfectly normal and nice. I know I'm being paranoid. I've met him a couple of times and spoken to him. He seems nice and sweet. The library staff thinks he's nice.

Two homeschooled music geeks who met at the library are going on a the library.

I'm being a nut.

• SusanTheWriter
    May 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM

• AndrewsMomPDX
    May 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I'm glad it went well.

• firemouse23
    May 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Glad it wasn't a disaster for her first "date".  The door is now open.

• BrenMOM
    by BrenMOM
    May 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Glad to hear it went well.

Around 40ish Dungeon Divas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts