Around 40ish Dungeon Divas

not a good text. :0(
by BrenMOM
April 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Just when you think things are holding their own... I get this text.

"Hey sis.. things have been pretty boring until last week. I was hospitalized for dehydration, low nutrition and massive pain."

And could I call the oncologist in Philly to move up his appt?

while he was in the hospital, they found another tumor on his tongue, which they do feel is cancerous.  Makes it very hard for him to chew.  The tumor is on the side where the big cancerous tumor was found in his neck.  :0/

He has already set up chemo treatments and other appts needed from the hospital where his treatments are based.

So I am on standby, waiting for the nurse who has been following his care, to call back to set up the best appt in Philly.

Not sure if he has even told our parents or sister at this point.

I asked him why he did not contact me to be with him in the hospital--"they were just finding which pain meds would work best while hydrating me."   I have a feeling he was there for a few days.

Not sure how many more tumors they are going to find on the scan...although he did not say it was a PET scan.

Going to have to follow his lead on this round.

April 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM

• AndrewsMomPDX
    April 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM

He sounds very brave, but should he live on his own at this point? Does he have someone coming in to check on him so he doesn't get to a point where he is dehydrated and in massive pain? I'm glad he let you know what's going on and hope he can get the pain under control, so he can continue his treatments. You and your sister really have a full plate and sending good thoughts your way.

• firemouse23
    April 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM

That stinks.  Praying for your brother still...hoping the news isn't the worst.  He may have been digesting the news himself and just couldn't bring himself to text or call you. At least he was finally able to contact you about what is going on.

• BaBeezandMe
    April 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM

• Melinda67
    April 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM

praying   &   hugs

• doodlepuss
    May 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I'm sorry.  hugs

Around 40ish Dungeon Divas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups