Around 40ish Dungeon Divas

AndrewsMomPDX
I'm definitely guilty of drunk posting!!!! *Update*
October 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Dh's company announced their new insurance carrier yesterday and the rates are going up 246% and will only cover 80% of costs, rather than 100%. I asked if they were holding guns and wearing ski masks.

The good news is I have a job!!!! The bad news is I doubt I'm suited for it and won't last long. It's working for Xerox, and answering incoming calls and resolving techinical phone issues. I'm thinking that I'm not suited for this position because: 1. I have difficulty with accents, 2. carpal tunnel and 3. an introvert who won't deal well with a loud environment around me....However, I am determined to do my best. The position is barely above minimum wage and won't pay all my bills, but if I can make it, there is unlimited overtime right now. They do have benefits, and IF you meet your metrics, you can apply for other opportunities to advance yourself. I will do my very best to succeed.

The F'd up news of the day, is dh's company is requiring that they go one day without pay every week, starting this week and there wasn't any announcement about this until today. So, that's at least 4 days per month without pay on his part. I told dh I would be looking for work for both of us while I'm on the computer and that we both need higher paying jobs. We can't afford to live. Merry F'ing Xmas!!!! I'm drinking tonight(which I can't afford, but wtf?, I don't care). I start work Tuesday and my schedule is 1:30-10pm...and yes, I am very grateful. 

Replies

• roxxyt
    by roxxyt
    October 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    I can drunk post with you lol
  • AndrewsMomPDX
    October 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM

P.S. Be very grateful I don't have your phone number tonight, cuz, I'm way earlier than you are, and I'm sure my drunken voice would be horrific!! Who can I drunk dial locally?

• roxxyt
    by roxxyt
    October 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM
    I'm in AZ lol

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

P.S. Be very grateful I don't have your phone number tonight, cuz, I'm way earlier than you are, and I'm sure my drunken voice would be horrific!! Who can I drunk dial locally?

• firemouse23
    October 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

If I could...I would drink with you.  Congrats on the job...hopefully it is just a mean time thing until you get the job you really want...and hopefully it lasts until you get the job you really want.  

• AndrewsMomPDX
    October 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I'm hoping another position will come along, either with this company or another one. I got in bed last night and realized, I'm going to have to work about 7 days per month to make up for what dh is going to be missing out on with one day off per week. Oh well, such is life!

Quoting firemouse23:

If I could...I would drink with you.  Congrats on the job...hopefully it is just a mean time thing until you get the job you really want...and hopefully it lasts until you get the job you really want.  

• HEAVNLI1
    October 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Well diva you never know ..this could lead to another opportunuty that is the right one for you.  I am just happy you got something to hold you over for a while..... you can drunk dial me. LOL  Hugs and sorry to hear about DH's job crap.  It's always something.  

• RedHeadedLizzy
    October 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Good luck! I worked for a Xerox sales office as an office manager and was not happy there. The job was ok, but we got a manager who was horrible. 

• AndrewsMomPDX
    October 11, 2012 at 7:35 AM

I understand that business is all about metrics and minimizing customer costs to increase profits, and I suspect those who aren't robots won't last. I went online to see if I could read reviews about the local company and they were primarily negative, other than people were glad to have a job.

Quoting RedHeadedLizzy:

Good luck! I worked for a Xerox sales office as an office manager and was not happy there. The job was ok, but we got a manager who was horrible. 

• sonogal
    by sonogal
    October 11, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Well...congrats?  I know it's not what you want, but maybe just HAVING a job will put you in a better position to get another.  I've heard it said that employers would rather hire someone currently working than someone not working.  Don't know how true that is, and it certainly doesn't make sense to me but considering the person who "manages" our office, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.   I had a large glass of wine last night, wasn't quite drunk, but thought about it, lol!!

• firemouse23
    October 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Damn Obamacare.  The insurance companies are out of control with their rates with everyone having to have insurance...shit...no one can afford it and it doesn't cover shit when you can.

Around 40ish Dungeon Divas