I Love Being A Mom

Lullabylee89
Couch to 5k!
February 9, 2013 at 1:37 AM

So I'm a mommy of two DD's who are 2 and 4 months! I gained quite a bit of weight with my first DD, but was also a newly wed, so I was happy...and ate. Never lost my baby weight. Then when I got things in order and started losing...I got pregnant again. :) Life happens. BUT once I had my sweet 2nd DD, I knew I had to get back down to where I was before DD #1. I dropped 35 lbs instantly after DD #2, and then began taking Phentermine once DD hit 3 months and I stopped BFing. She's 4 months today. I've worked out sparingly since stated this new medication, and I've dropped 15 lbs. I have 55 more to go. That being said...

I love running. I've always loved the concept of it. How it made me feel when I committed to doing it, even when I felt huge and like I was breathing like a wild animal. I just felt amazing...so long as no one witnessed me breathing like that, or jiggling all around. :) But it's always been on my "Bucket List" to do a 5k. Oh how I dreamed. ...but I have a fear of running outside...where others can see me. I'm not tiny, and I'll have to start from the beginning of DYING, to work up to jogging. 

There's a 5k coming up in my state. The Color Run, and the Run For Your Lives 5k. DH and I really want to do the Run For Your Lives 5k in May and I recommended the Couch to 5k. I did it one summer, and LOVED IT, but stopped shortly after. But I also had a treadmill, which I don't have now.

I really want to prep and do this 5k, But I'm TERRIFIED of running outside and looking ridiculous.

has anyone ever felt this way? did you overcome it? How so? Help! 

Replies

• ScrChk23
    February 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM

That is wonderful!!!  I am still working on my baby weight from my first son.  I would like to lose 40-50 adn see how I am then.  My key to running outside is to find a rhythm.  It is semi easy to have on e on a treadmill.  It keeps moving.  I like to run in the park/woods where there are trees and rocks to jump over.

• Unicorn1110
    February 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Sweety good luck. I am still working on my last baby weight and he is 20. yes 20 yrs not 20 months. I could claim my grandson for the baby weight lol. Really I have lost and gained and lost and gained. Div and marriage, unemployment and life. and now almost 50. Even harder than ever. Don't worry about what others think. Get yourself healthy and like yourself.

I Love Being A Mom

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN