Limited Edition Kids

henzel3
hello new to this group
by henzel3
August 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I am new to this group my name is Shannon I am a truckers wife and we have a 9yr old son name Tyler. Tyler has a history or renal tubular acidosis type 1,celiacs disease,numerous environmental allergies and a milk allergy,eczema,he has had sinus and ear tube surgery. But now his liver enzymes are climbing and the pediatrician suspects diabetes. So that's all I am a stay at home mom and am 32 yrs old.

Replies

• jdouglas111
    August 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    "Thats all", lol. Sorry to laugh but I had an iep for my son yesterday and after I listed all of his issues I ended with "and thats all" and then I cracked up because I'd just talked for an hour straight. That's a lot of stress on you! What is tubular acidosis?

My son is 2yr 3mnth, he has a gene duplication which causes a whole host of issues. Apraxia, dysphagia, dev delay, dysmorphic features, short limbs, low muscle tpne, sensory processing disorder, he has tubes and was tongue tied.
  • jdouglas111
    August 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    Oh duplex kidney syndrom, asthma, hearing loss for high pitches, and astigmatism. And welcome to the group!
  • jdouglas111
    August 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    And his soft spot never closed. I think thats it..
  • cjsk
    by cjsk
    August 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    Welcome to the group!
  • henzel3
    by henzel3
    August 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Thank you

Quoting cjsk:

Welcome to the group!

• henzel3
    by henzel3
    August 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM

thats ok if you had to laugh i am not offended by that i have a health action plan at the school for my son due to his allergies and he has asthma also i just forgot to put that in i was actually half asleep when i wrote that last night it is alot of stress but i troop through it. and to answear your question about tubular acidosis that means that my son has extra acid in his system that the kidneys dont extract out when he pees and it builds up and cause him kidney issues.

Quoting jdouglas111:

"Thats all", lol. Sorry to laugh but I had an iep for my son yesterday and after I listed all of his issues I ended with "and thats all" and then I cracked up because I'd just talked for an hour straight. That's a lot of stress on you! What is tubular acidosis?

My son is 2yr 3mnth, he has a gene duplication which causes a whole host of issues. Apraxia, dysphagia, dev delay, dysmorphic features, short limbs, low muscle tpne, sensory processing disorder, he has tubes and was tongue tied.

• jdouglas111
    August 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    Oh craziness. My son has extra uretors and an extra collection center on each kidney and reflux and cysts in the left one, so I kind of know how kidney issues go. The laugh was because we as parents of our leks always list all of their issues and follow it with thats all like it's no big deal when non-lek parents are shocked by everything we've listed.

So does he get utis a lot or does he have dialysis to clear out the acid? Nate has had a few utis and is seen by a ped nephrologist and urologist every 8 months to monitor his kidneys. They do ultra sounds every visit and vcug every third visit.

Quoting henzel3:

thats ok if you had to laugh i am not offended by that i have a health action plan at the school for my son due to his allergies and he has asthma also i just forgot to put that in i was actually half asleep when i wrote that last night it is alot of stress but i troop through it. and to answear your question about tubular acidosis that means that my son has extra acid in his system that the kidneys dont extract out when he pees and it builds up and cause him kidney issues.

Quoting jdouglas111:

Limited Edition Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN