Make A Difference

story0702
Community Service Ideas ?
December 31, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays . I was hoping you guys could me with some community service ideas . I have a 4H club that is pretty young. From ages 5 to 13 with the majority of them being younger. We want to do community services this year as a club and at the moment I am drawing a complete blank on some ideas that would be good for the age span I am working with . Any thoughts and ideas would be helpful!  Thank you ladies :)

Replies

• momofsixangels
    December 31, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Adopt a grandparent from a nursing home! A lot of them have no family that ever come to visit.They enjoy so much having young kids around them.They light up!!

• gmadiane
    December 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM

my first thought was nursing home also, you have such a large age range it is hard to think of something that would be good for all of them

• momofsixangels
    December 31, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Quoting gmadiane:

my first thought was nursing home also, you have such a large age range it is hard to think of something that would be good for all of them

Exactly.A nursing home is perfect.I know when I would go visit my MOm and the girls were with me that the other residents would smile and say things to the girls.They loved having them around

• taniamorse85
    January 2, 2013 at 2:42 AM

The nursing home idea is definitely a good one!  As long as the kids are well-behaved, I'm sure they'd love to have your 4-H club volunteer.

I've done community service for a couple different agencies, but they all require volunteers to be above a certain age, mostly over age 14.  To find other ideas, you should check out VolunteerMatch.  On the Advanced Search page, you can specify that you want to find volunteer opportunities for kids.

Make A Difference