Make A Difference

StephanAndCoral
Colleen-momofsixangels
December 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM

because of your on going efforts to raise awareness of Alzheimers and being my friend. I have been curious and read more on the subject. With that knowledge. I was able to help a friend gain the courage to talk to her husbands dr the next time they go in about the possibility of him being in the early stages. I asked her about it and she said she looked up symptoms and he has most of them. Most recently his memory loss such as asking to speak to his parents which had passed on long ago, or forgetting who he is, forgetting who his wife is, etc... it is not daily but it is getting more frequent. so any way thank you!

Replies

• gmadiane
    December 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

thats lovely

• kerryket
    December 12, 2012 at 7:44 AM

That could make a big difference, there might not be a cure yet, but there are preventative measures that may slow down the course, right Colleen?

• janessa27
    December 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

That is great!:)

• Audreesmommy757
    December 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM

awesome

• momofsixangels
    December 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Im so glad I could help someone!!!! This is wonderful.I feel so sorry for what they will go through but so happy it can be figured out.Its a long and hard road.If your friend needs someone to talk to please tell her I am here.I am sadly very familiar with alzheimer's.There is no cure but pray and hope they will find one soon.Hugs!!!!

• StephanAndCoral
    December 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM

the wife told me today she talked to his dr. and the dr told her she has to talk to the neurologist (spelling?) about it but it is possible. I will let her know. <3

Quoting momofsixangels:

Im so glad I could help someone!!!! This is wonderful.I feel so sorry for what they will go through but so happy it can be figured out.Its a long and hard road.If your friend needs someone to talk to please tell her I am here.I am sadly very familiar with alzheimer's.There is no cure but pray and hope they will find one soon.Hugs!!!!

• momofsixangels
    December 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I will pray its something else and that they can help him.Its so hard to watch a loved one go through this

• StephanAndCoral
    December 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Thank you! they can use the prayers

Quoting momofsixangels:

I will pray its something else and that they can help him.Its so hard to watch a loved one go through this

• auntangelofsix
    January 11, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    Thats great..prayers sent to him.

Make A Difference

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts