Beauty 101

Clemency3
Hello! I am new here and need some guidance :)
December 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Hi, 

my name is Alison and am 30 years old. I am married with 3 children. Been a stay at home mom since 2010 and going to school online till late 2015. 

I never once wore make up consistently, only to special occasions. And I do not know what the best way to care for my hair is. 

I am here because I am seeking time for myself. This next year (from this christmas to next) my goal is to lose weight as well as start to come into my own. I'd like to wear make up but am not a huge fan of it either so need advice on what to wear, how to wear it without it really even looking like I have any on. I'd like to start looking better for myself and my husband and children. I'd like to get out of this stay at home rut of wearing sweats and all and start respecting myself a little more. Any advice you can give me on how to do those things and where to start will be well appreciated, thank you!

Replies

• Bitchess
    December 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Hiya! I like you would wear makeup usually for holiday's and when we went out for hubby's gigs. This past summer I've tried getting into the trend of putting on a bit of tinted moisturizer and mascara and a bit of colour glow stuff for just every day wear. Start simple, slick on some tinted moisturizer and mascara.

Someting I've now gotten into as of late since reading about it, is tightlining. It's supposedly a more advance makeup trick though. I like how it makes my lashes look so much thicker.

• suesues
    by suesues
    December 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM

wearing a bit of makeup will make you feel and look better. Start with a light foundation maybe mineral powder or tinted moisturizer some blush and lip gloss light colors. Add shadow and mascra for weekends. Go buy makeup at drug store like cvs ask about there return policy if you dont like shade you can exchange it.  

• lele678
    by lele678
    December 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    I suggest a light coverage foundation Revlon Nearly Naked foundation is good its not really heavy. If you do a tinted moisturizer Loreal and Maybeline BB creams are good. Then for mascara I like The Rocket by Maybeline. Two affordable brands I like are E.L.F and Wet N Wild. Wet N Wild has great lipsticks, eyeliners, blushes and bronzers. E.L.F has affordable makeup brushes and a lot of great products. I have a YouTube channel if u need help I can make a video to guide you in everyday look. Just let me know if u want the link to my channel. I hope I helped u some.

Beauty 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts