Beauty 101

MrsKerns10
Expensive or 'cheap' make up?
November 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I only use Elf which is farely cheap and works great. I have found the expensive stuff makes me itch and it bothers my eyes so bad that I just cant wear it. What do you wear? What do you recommend? I would like to branch out and maybe find something that would actually have the color of foundation i need no one has got it right yet!

Replies

• vic270
    by vic270
    November 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM

i use elizebeth arden in the perfect beige compact. i have used this for years and love it. in the summer i go with a darker color. this is the only one i have found that covers my flaws. natural beauty can be expensive lol

• Vinterland
    November 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I use inexpensive makeup as well, it works just as good for me. For foundation, I love Revlon color stay and Revlon whipped creme makeup.

• pixiemg1
    Amy
    November 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I have a mixture of drugstore and prestige.  I think foundation is hard to match especially from the drugstore.  Maybe go to Sephora and have them do the Color IQ on you.  Once you are matched it is supposed to let you know what shade you are in all the foundations they carry.

• jazzgirl205
    November 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I prefer Estee Lauder but where I live now only has a WalMart and Sally's.

• ae86mommy
    November 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    Foundation-I wear Chanel Vitalumiere aqua most days. If I'm not wearing that, I'm wearing MAC face and body. I have SO much makeup, and I use it all, from elf to Chanel.
  • jellybeanjean
    November 22, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Well I used to be all drugstore brands till a few years ago....but now I think most of the stuff I have is in the "higher end" category. I splurge on foundations and primers the most, but I have a few elf blushes and cheap liners, I alos get most of my hail polish from the drugstore. If I see something that looks good I will try it out doesn't matter the brand really.

• wtxjess
    by wtxjess
    December 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I have found that as long as I keep my skin healthy and apply makeup properly, cheap can work just as well as pricey.  We are on a super strict budget right now and I am having to use the absolute cheapest makeup I can find.  It's not exactly the same but it'll work for now!

• AromaDrops33
    December 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    I use Jordan Essentials natural mineral makeup
  • Spoiled_Blonde
    December 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    I use YoungBlood or Ofra. Neither are cheap, foundations start about $50. I use 2 different colors of foundations and mix them together to make the perfect match for my skin tone. :)
  • suesues
    by suesues
    December 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I use good foundation and primer the rest is mix and match drug store. research shows they are all the same just differ packages

Beauty 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN