Beauty 101

AkashaGermaine
Textured Nails
September 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Are you over them? Were you ever into them in the first place? What's your favorite brand?

Replies

• AkashaGermaine
    September 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    I love them. My favorite are the Zoya PixieDust. They dry fast, last a long time and if I fall asleep before they've "cured" the bed bumps don't really show.
    I've tried OPI Liquid Sand and Nicole Gumdrops as well, but they don't seem to last as long, the texture rubs off, and they are a pain to get off while the Zoya comes off fairly easily.
  • Spoiled_Blonde
    September 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I don't like them at all... I can't stand my nails to be anything but smooth. I can barely handle a rhinestone on my nail! lol But some of my clients just love the Zoya Pixie Dust!

• AkashaGermaine
    September 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    I didn't think I'd like them either but once I saw a pic on Glamour I fell in love.

I was a bad nail biter for a long time, now I'll rub the edges of my nails when I'm nervous. Weird, I know, but it works.

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

I don't like them at all... I can't stand my nails to be anything but smooth. I can barely handle a rhinestone on my nail! lol But some of my clients just love the Zoya Pixie Dust!

• londamg
    by londamg
    September 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM

i have never tried any

• pixiemg1
    Amy
    September 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM

The only ones I like are OPI Liquid Sands.  I have 2 from the Marie Carey Collection and I do really like them.  Also, I can only go about a day and then I have to put top coat on them.

• AkashaGermaine
    September 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    I've noticed that both the OPI and Nicole rub off (the texture) after a day or so if I don't put a top coat on them. But that makes sense as they are by the same manufacturer.

Quoting pixiemg1:

The only ones I like are OPI Liquid Sands.  I have 2 from the Marie Carey Collection and I do really like them.  Also, I can only go about a day and then I have to put top coat on them.

• Mel0dy
    by Mel0dy
    September 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I don't like them at all. I can't stand the way they feel lol 

• CoachyMom
    October 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    Love! Zoya pixie and opi sand are my faves!

Beauty 101