Beauty 101

karingT
GONNA NEED HELP
by karingT
October 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM

OK ladies I am a mom of five beautiful children and have put my looks on hold for them. I haven't been one who dresses up or buy really nice clothes or took good care of my skin. Soooo I want to learn more about being beautiful and taking care of myself. All of a sudden I have become amazed with fashion and make up. Sooo I will need a lot of advice on beauty. I don't look crazy when I go out. I know enough to look good and decent but there is so much more and I want to learn.

Replies

• Nursesummer
    October 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    You tube tutorials are a great place to begin.
  • kika.fleur
    October 3, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Congratulations on starting to take care of yourself, too!

What do you do for skincare now? I think it's important to start with this, and then learn how to put on make up.

With clothes, I usually take out the clothes that really, really, really have to go yesterday, and gradually build a new wardrobe from there (usually at sale time.) First of all, though, decide what kind of style you like, what you already have that is good, fits well and compliments your look and start from there :-)

It takes just a tiny bit more time to look good once you have everything in place.

Good luck and have fun!

• suesues
    by suesues
    October 3, 2012 at 8:48 AM

experiment try inexpensive makeup and most stores like cvs or macy will let you return for different shade if dont like something wear aday cream and night cream and primer maybe blush and lipstick for starters

• Vicariously
    October 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Welcome to the group =) Do you have any specific questions, before I start to ramble? lol

5 kids would be such a handful! I have a 2.5 yr old and he is always in everything. I couldn't imagine having 5 right now... Props to you for wanting to take care of yourself and making the time to do it!

• Chesneychick77
    October 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    I have been thinking about starting a blog for this very same reason, geared towards wives and/or mothers. I was always thin, and very fashionable. I went through two periods in my life where I gained weight. The second was with my pregnancy. When I was heavy, though I was working on losing, I wasn't caring for myself like I had before or like I do now. I have lost 75 lbs, kept it off for almost 7 yrs, became a certified personal trainer, worked as a makeup artist (without aNy training or certification)' and take better care of myself now than ever. It was a long road, but I found myself again, and you will too. Don't feel guilty for taking care of yourself. When you look better, you feel better, and you are more confident in everyday life. You are worth it. Your family deserves you at your best, and you shouldn't feel anything less than your absolute best. Skin care is crucial. Watch makeup tutorials on youtube. I love pixiwoo and kandee Johnson. Go through your closet, and get rid of everything that no longer fits, you don't like, or is out of style. Shop for new clothes with an honest, fashionable friend or family member. Have an idea on what your looking for, and find your style. If you aren't participating in a fitness routine, carve out time for this at least 3 -4 days/ wk. make health food choices. Make your workouts an appointment like anything else. All of this takes time, discipline, and energy. You will have set backs, but that's life. I wish you the best!!

Beauty 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts