Green Living

JenaSmith
Making cloth diapers and cover?
October 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Im so tired of disposables. I followed a friends advice and went and got some flour sack towels. I just cant afford cd already made. So i have my moms sewing machine once i get it up to par i want to make my diapers. I did buy a thirsties cover online but havent gotten it in the mail yet. So is there a good wesite or what can i do for patterns, what i need thats not expensive, and also how can i make covers for them. I plan on just folding the flour towel and putting into the thirsties cover to try it out once it comes. Also how do i boil and strip them? I know its prob a routine question asked but im ready and waiting to get started :)

Replies

• JenaSmith
    October 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM

bump

• JaronDMC
    October 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Bump sorry I can't sew so I bought my cloth diapers maybe try the cloth diapers group :)
  • cabrandy03
    October 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Check out the cuties with cloth booties group or the sewing diaper divas group here on cm, I forget which one but I know one of them has tons of patterns in a sticky post.

• JenaSmith
    October 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Thanks!

• mamalusbear
    November 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I make my own cloth diapers and the pattern I use is from this website http://www.newconceptions.com/poopockets.htm  The pattern is around $13, but it's easy to follow and the diapers work really well.  The only change I made was I used snaps to fasten the diapers....if you can invest in one, a snap press really helps.  You'll need to purchase some PUL fabric and flannel, which you should probably be able to find at the local fabric store.  Attached a pic.  Best of luck!

Green Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN