Green Living

JenaSmith
Making cloth diapers and cover?
October 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Im so tired of disposables. I followed a friends advice and went and got some flour sack towels. I just cant afford cd already made. So i have my moms sewing machine once i get it up to par i want to make my diapers. I did buy a thirsties cover online but havent gotten it in the mail yet. So is there a good wesite or what can i do for patterns, what i need thats not expensive, and also how can i make covers for them. I plan on just folding the flour towel and putting into the thirsties cover to try it out once it comes. Also how do i boil and strip them? I know its prob a routine question asked but im ready and waiting to get started :)

Replies

• JenaSmith
    October 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM

bump

• JaronDMC
    October 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Bump sorry I can't sew so I bought my cloth diapers maybe try the cloth diapers group :)
  • cabrandy03
    October 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Check out the cuties with cloth booties group or the sewing diaper divas group here on cm, I forget which one but I know one of them has tons of patterns in a sticky post.

• JenaSmith
    October 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Thanks!

• mamalusbear
    November 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I make my own cloth diapers and the pattern I use is from this website http://www.newconceptions.com/poopockets.htm  The pattern is around $13, but it's easy to follow and the diapers work really well.  The only change I made was I used snaps to fasten the diapers....if you can invest in one, a snap press really helps.  You'll need to purchase some PUL fabric and flannel, which you should probably be able to find at the local fabric store.  Attached a pic.  Best of luck!

Green Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts