Green Living

mommyofone123
Is drinking Green Tea causing this?
October 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM

So first of all, I do have fertility problems and irregular cycles but I've never had this happen before. So I read somewhere that drinking Green Tea can help fertility. Well I drink it sparingly like maybe once a week. But I've noticed if I drink it during my period my period stops and then starts back up a few days later. I've noticed also that this past cycle I've been spotting randomly. It seems to coincide with drinking the tea but I just thought of the corelation now so I'm not 100% sure the spotting was a the day after the tea drinking or not. I know you're not supposed to drink Green Tea if pregnant because it can cause uterine contractions (so I've read) but is the tea messing up my cycle?

Replies

• cemcnair
    October 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    Hum. I have no idea! That is odd though.
  • SalmonBerry87
    October 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    That's very interresting... I have never heard of green tea affecting your cycle. I drank green tea once a week for pretty much every single week of my pregnancy. And had a very healthy pregnancy. It was my only "bad" habit. And I drink it now, not quite as often. It has never messed with my cycle, but my period comes no matter what, unless I'm pregnant.
    I will have to go research this...
  • mommyofone123
    October 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

BUMP!

• chrissysnow22
    October 7, 2012 at 4:29 AM
    I have never heard of this.
  • SpiritedDragon
    October 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I have never heard of this either, and I drink green tea once a day.  But then I am not trying to get pregnant or anything else.  My cycle comes and goes, but then again.  It's not something I pay attention to regular since I am fixed.  

Green Living