Green Living

mommyofone123
Is drinking Green Tea causing this?
October 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM

So first of all, I do have fertility problems and irregular cycles but I've never had this happen before. So I read somewhere that drinking Green Tea can help fertility. Well I drink it sparingly like maybe once a week. But I've noticed if I drink it during my period my period stops and then starts back up a few days later. I've noticed also that this past cycle I've been spotting randomly. It seems to coincide with drinking the tea but I just thought of the corelation now so I'm not 100% sure the spotting was a the day after the tea drinking or not. I know you're not supposed to drink Green Tea if pregnant because it can cause uterine contractions (so I've read) but is the tea messing up my cycle?

Replies

• cemcnair
    October 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    Hum. I have no idea! That is odd though.
  • SalmonBerry87
    October 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    That's very interresting... I have never heard of green tea affecting your cycle. I drank green tea once a week for pretty much every single week of my pregnancy. And had a very healthy pregnancy. It was my only "bad" habit. And I drink it now, not quite as often. It has never messed with my cycle, but my period comes no matter what, unless I'm pregnant.
    I will have to go research this...
  • mommyofone123
    October 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

BUMP!

• chrissysnow22
    October 7, 2012 at 4:29 AM
    I have never heard of this.
  • SpiritedDragon
    October 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I have never heard of this either, and I drink green tea once a day.  But then I am not trying to get pregnant or anything else.  My cycle comes and goes, but then again.  It's not something I pay attention to regular since I am fixed.  

Green Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN