Green Living

Autumn355
Vegan/veggies...newbies and veterans
October 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Okay so I am trying like hell to eat a more plant based, whole foods diet and im still learning, its like relearning how to cook!! So im thinking it would be much easier if we do it together:) I am wonder who would like to join me in making the switch, and vets please feel free to join in with all your knowledge, please!!

I figured what we could do is each of us post one recipe of a meal we had, or a snack, each day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner you choose which). That way we all learn new recipes.

So what do you think, whose in???

Replies

• cemcnair
    October 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    I'm a veggie :) started earlier this year. Biggest thing I found was that you don't have to relearn to cook, cook the same meals, just adjust!
    But I'll try to help out!
    Lunch today was leftover rice noodles with veggies.
  • Autumn355
    October 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    Yay!! thank you
  • mommaGof3
    October 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    I am a veggie :-) have been for almost a year. There are a lot of recipes in the recipe sticky post.

The change is actually a lot easier than most think it is, at least it has been for me. Its more of retraining your brain about meat than anything else.

I had a veggie burger for lunch and tonight we are having black bean and corn stuffed baked potates. Super yummy!
  • she_walk_softly
    October 1, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    I'm vegetarian for almost 25 years.I love my pressure cooker.I use it for dried beans and stuffed cabbage/ grapeleaves.It makes all day cooking type of food in less then a hour:)
    Tonight is beans with. salt,allspice,cinnamon and some olive oil over rice.
  • SalmonBerry87
    October 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    I've been veggie for almost a year like Jess! I made the switch shortly after her. And towards the end of the recipe sticky are where most of the veggie recipes are. And any by soy_latte are veggie/mostly vegan as well. :)

Today for lunch I had a Sammich: bread/bagel, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, avacado, tomato, lots of spinach, and banana peppers.
    Dinner is going to be veggie pizza from Dominoes. Not the best but we have to go into town to do laundry and of course Dominoes is next to the laundramat. Lol.
    Tomorrow though will be veggie chili and cornbread.
  • JasonsMom2007
    October 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    Ive been a veggie for 15 years
  • Alyson121
    October 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I'm not sure where i fit in.  We try to eat foods as whole and close to natural earth as possible and avoid things like GMO's, too much processing, etc.  

I love posting pics of the food i cook.  My dinner is still cooking.  

My first meal of the day (i don't eat at a set time) was a Green Kale Smoothie (kale, banana, Evolution Orange Juice, and SoTru Spirulina).  My next meal was a Spelt Berry Salad i made the other day (cooked spelt berries, zucchini, cilantro, heirloom tomato, dried cranberries, red onion, purple bell pepper, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, raw honey, dijon mustard, Himalayan sea salt and black pepper).   Here's a pic of the salad (sorry it's so big, i don't know how to resize in my Mac)

Dinner is going to be soup (Red squash with cauliflower and drop biscuits) 

• chrissysnow22
    October 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    I'm a veggie. I had lasagna and green beans for dinner. Dh isn't so I just do 2 small pans one with meat and one without.
  • Groove
    by Groove
    October 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    i am vegan. I had a tomatoe and cucumber sandwich for lunch and i have a 3 bean chilli simmering on my strove til 4pm.
  • vanityrayne
    October 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    3 bean chilli? May I have the recipe please? Can be here or pm me:)...

Quoting Groove:

i am vegan. I had a tomatoe and cucumber sandwich for lunch and i have a 3 bean chilli simmering on my strove til 4pm.

Green Living