Green Living

Cafe Amanda
A Living, Breathing Wall of Plants - Right in Your Own Home!
April 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM

A wall in your house that lives and breathes and even purifies the air sounds like science fiction, right? But it's actually a simple and relatively inexpensive project you can do to "green" your home's interior. Watch the video to find out how!

Is creating a living plant wall in your home something you'd like to try? Or will you maybe add a few potted plants to your rooms instead? :)

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

Replies

• Cafe Amanda
    April 19, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Personally, I'll stick to little cheap pots of greenery placed here and there because with my track record, I'd be staring at a wall of dead leaves in no time (no matter how easy it's meant to be, I have an unfortunate black thumb!). :P

Having said that, I LOVE this idea, and if I ever figure out why I have such bad luck with plants I might give it a try! Especially in the kitchen - I'd love to be able to reach over to the wall and pick some salad greens or herbs even.

• Cafe AmyS
    April 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I don't exactly have a green thumb either (mine is more brown than black though).  

It's a neat idea, and I can imagine the beauty of it in any home.  But, I think I'll be sticking to my potted plants.

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

Personally, I'll stick to little cheap pots of greenery placed here and there because with my track record, I'd be staring at a wall of dead leaves in no time (no matter how easy it's meant to be, I have an unfortunate black thumb!). :P

Having said that, I LOVE this idea, and if I ever figure out why I have such bad luck with plants I might give it a try! Especially in the kitchen - I'd love to be able to reach over to the wall and pick some salad greens or herbs even.

• bamababe1975
    April 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM

That is so cool! I'm only good with things that are low maintenance like pothos ivy or spider plants, lol.

• foodie.at.heart
    April 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Although we don't have a living plant wall, I do believe in having live plants in our home. They add to the atmosphere. 

• LancesMom
    April 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I love plants... my dogs don't! But I wish I could have more. I want to actually do a herb garden this yr in my window! =)

• Cafe AmyS
    April 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Me too.  All of my plants are very easy maintenance.  Good thing too, since I forget to water them until they've started to wilt and look sick.

Quoting bamababe1975:

That is so cool! I'm only good with things that are low maintenance like pothos ivy or spider plants, lol.

• Cafe AmyS

They sure do!

Quoting foodie.at.heart:

Although we don't have a living plant wall, I do believe in having live plants in our home. They add to the atmosphere. 

• Cafe AmyS

Hahaha!  My dogs will eat them if they are too low to the ground.  My cat will as well.

I'd love to do an herb garden.  I might just do something that I can keep in the house.

Quoting LancesMom:

I love plants... my dogs don't! But I wish I could have more. I want to actually do a herb garden this yr in my window! =)

• eds6619
    by eds6619
    April 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM

LOVE this idea!

• cemcnair
    April 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    Love it!! Will be trying this at least on a small scale!!

Green Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts