Green Living

mommaGof3
oops!
August 31, 2011 at 9:21 AM
So I went make bread, got my yeast mixed and went to grab milk...I have none! I don't have a car to go get any and all my neighbors are at work. Jake (my dh) doesn't get off work until 4. Should I just scrap the yeast mix or can I keep it in the fridge or something? I really don't wanna toss it but I don't know what to do...

Replies

• SalmonBerry87
    August 31, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    I dunno but that sucks!
  • mommaGof3
    August 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    It does! I had enough mixed to make a couple loaves too.
  • TaeTaeLove
    August 31, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    Do you have any dry milk? You could mix that up. Does it HAVE to have milk? Could you use some sort of juice instead? Or just plain water?
  • momof3superkids
    August 31, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I did that once and I just found a different recipe that didn't require milk but used the same amount of water and yeast.

• TaeTaeLove
    August 31, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    Next time you go shopping buy a box of powdered milk. It takes forever for it to expire and you'll have it for times like this. :)
  • mommaGof3
    August 31, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    Ooo! Can I get that recipe from you?

Quoting momof3superkids:

I did that once and I just found a different recipe that didn't require milk but used the same amount of water and yeast.

• mommaGof3
    August 31, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    That is a really good idea, I'm gonna have to do that

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Next time you go shopping buy a box of powdered milk. It takes forever for it to expire and you'll have it for times like this. :)

• mommaGof3
    August 31, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    Nope, don't have any dry milk, or juices lol...I guess I could try water..the recipe calls for milk though...I'm kinda a stickler for following the recipe but I really don't want this stuff to go to waste...I'm so made at myself for not checking to see if we had milk first

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Do you have any dry milk? You could mix that up. Does it HAVE to have milk? Could you use some sort of juice instead? Or just plain water?

• TaeTaeLove
    August 31, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    We bought a couple boxes with quart pouches inside for when we went camping. We mixed dds bottles with it instead of regular milk, and still have a ton left over. Plus wic let's you use your checks for it.
  • mommaGof3
    August 31, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    I'm gonna have to look into it for times like today when I go OH CRAP lol

Green Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts