Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What's best for the baby?
by Anonymous
April 25 at 11:23 AM
My SIL (my husband's sister) is living with us atm. She has a 3 month old son with her husband, but they recently broke up. I'm torn on what I should do.

My SIL is not in any position to have a child. She's almost 21, but never became an adult. As much as I'm trying, she doesn't seem to want to mature. She has no drivers license, no job, no high school diploma--nothing...and no desire to fix the situation. Her husband let's her use their second vehicle knowing that she has no DL. I don't feel that she's a capable parent AT ALL. She's doing things that I majorly disagree with, like watering down his formula, not bathing him for days on end, using blankets he has thrown up on while they're still dirty, etc.

Meanwhile, the baby's dad is a literal moron who still lives with his own psychotic mother. On the bright side, he doesn't have the anger issues my SIL has, and he has a job, a car, and his diploma. That said, he's seriously one of the stupidest people I've ever met...and his mom is bipolar.

About a week ago, SIL brought a new man around. Since then, everything has gotten out of control. There's threats to do property damage, threats to call employers, threats to flee with the baby...all from SIL, of course...her idiot husband still just wants his family back.

I'm really starting to feel like the baby isn't safe and don't know what to do. She thinks were close, so I'm safe for now, but her crazy scares me.

Replies

• Talkingheads
    April 25 at 11:26 AM
    She needs to leave
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 25 at 11:28 AM
    Child protective services.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

So what is the plan?  Have you let her know she needs to make changes and only has X amount of time before she needs to move out?  Have you set rules about who she has over?  I wouldn't be letting her bring random men into my home if I were in your position.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    Instead of criticizing, why don't you help her or either myob?
  • mommaof697
    April 25 at 11:31 AM

call protective services and kick her out and take care of the baby.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    April 25 at 11:32 AM

The sil and child are living under her roof. How is she supposed to mind her own business?

Quoting Anonymous 4: Instead of criticizing, why don't you help her or either myob?

• krisnkids
    April 25 at 11:32 AM

I'd call cps and ask for assistance. 

• cheapskatemommy
    April 25 at 11:33 AM

Set some boundries. Set a certain amount of time, some goals and deadlines so she can learn to do for herself, instead of others doing for her. Explain to her what she needs to get done and no excuses will be tolerated.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    April 25 at 11:33 AM
    Why in the flying fuck would you allow any of that under your roof?
  • alexsmommy51405
    April 25 at 11:35 AM

That baby needs to be taken care of. That baby will die from over hydration if she keeps up the watering down his formula. 

Call CPS. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts