Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Never vacationing with my mom EVER again
by Anonymous
April 19 at 4:10 PM
Despite my best judgement, I went on a trip with her this week. If I say no I don’t want to do that she berates me for being negative and boring. I don’t stop her from doing it but I refuse to spend money on something I don’t want to do. I don’t expect her to do so and I don’t expect her to sit something out just because I don’t want to do it.

Then she got mad at me because I was being too controlling. I admit, I was BUT it wasn’t with everything, just with transportation. We aren’t used to being in a big city AND she doesn’t know how to work apps or her cell phone so yes I’ve been trying to control that situation.

Well today I put real effort in to doing whatever she wanted to do. When she asked me i said we can do whatever you want. She insisted she knew how to get around via bus so we would take the bus. Halfway through I asked if she was paying attention “no”, I asked if she knew where to get off “no”. I said “well are you going to figure it out because we are near the hotel”. She then said I was being a bitch.

I’m so over this trip and I will never go on another with my mother.

Replies

• CampHarris
    April 19 at 4:11 PM

I can't stand my mom. No way would I go anywhere with her for the day, let alone a vacation. NO THANKS.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 19 at 4:12 PM
    Mines dead
  • Momtoone07
    April 19 at 4:13 PM
    Nobody has Google Maps? Lol
  • PinkButterfly66
    April 19 at 4:13 PM

I'd rent a car and bail on her.  I went on vacation with my mom once too. That's what I said when it was over, never again.  

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    April 19 at 4:14 PM

Oh man that sounds brutal!

I'm with you though. I love my mom but can only stand her for about 3 hours at a time. I took her on vacation with me and DD a few years ago to an all inclusive resort. This was it'd be easy right? Nope...it's like having another child with me. You ask her what she wants to eat..."I don't know...oh I'll eat whatever..." NOPE! She won't eat whatever! You ask her what she wants to do..."Oh I'll do whatever." WTF?! I have to worry about eating and entertaining her and everything else. BUT she has no problems criticizing and complaining about stuff. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 19 at 4:16 PM
    I do but when I try to use that I’m controlling everything apparently

Quoting Momtoone07: Nobody has Google Maps? Lol
  • STVUstudent
    Yeah, my days of vacationing with my mother are over. She is a whiney demanding toddler.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

I wouldn't go on vacation with you either. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 19 at 4:17 PM
    I would hope not. Who vacations with strangers?

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I wouldn't go on vacation with you either. 

• STVUstudent
    April 19 at 4:17 PM
    Are you my sister? Your mom sounds like mine.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Oh man that sounds brutal!

I'm with you though. I love my mom but can only stand her for about 3 hours at a time. I took her on vacation with me and DD a few years ago to an all inclusive resort. This was it'd be easy right? Nope...it's like having another child with me. You ask her what she wants to eat..."I don't know...oh I'll eat whatever..." NOPE! She won't eat whatever! You ask her what she wants to do..."Oh I'll do whatever." WTF?! I have to worry about eating and entertaining her and everything else. BUT she has no problems criticizing and complaining about stuff. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts