Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
lalaballet
Ugh, in-laws stopped by
Monday at 12:57 AM
They texted this morning to see if they could visit this afternoon. They came over, helped dh put some furniture together from storage, watched the kids so we could unpack some, our grass was long and FIL went to Lowe’s and bought us a lawnmower and gas can 😱, and I ran to the store for some stuff and asked dh if he wanted me to get something to cook if they wanted to stay and eat with us. While I cooked MIL bathed the kids. They helped clean up, fed the toddler and unloaded our dishwasher after we ate and then they thanked us for letting them invite themselves over last minute.

Damn in-laws. 😂

Seriously though I was blessed with a bonus family and they took in my first four as their own grandkids and treat them just like our last (dh’s first kid). My ex had parents with major issues and I’ve had the other end of the spectrum too and I appreciate every day that my new in-laws aren’t those horrible miserable people with control issues. I only posted because of all of the bad in-law stories I’m reading tonight.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    Monday at 12:59 AM
    Yeah, I know, really! All that drama!

I have in-laws like yours. It's pretty cool.
  • lalaballet
    Monday at 1:02 AM
    That’s nice to hear! I’m glad there are others here with good in-laws. After 7.5 years with my ex it still blows my mind sometimes that people can care without expecting anything in return and holding it over my head forever. They’re as welcome in my house as my own family is. 😊

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, I know, really! All that drama!

I have in-laws like yours. It's pretty cool.
  • engagedandproud
    I wish i had awesome in laws lol
  • SaskMummy
    Monday at 1:13 AM
    I like my fiancé’s family, they’re pretty laid back. My exes parents and family were kinda snoody and cold so it’s been a welcome change for sure!
  • lalaballet
    Monday at 1:15 AM
    I’m sorry you don’t. I’ve had bad in-laws and it sucked so bad.

Quoting engagedandproud: I wish i had awesome in laws lol
  • pooh2you1985
    O love my in-laws!! I wish everyone had some like mine
  • lalaballet
    That’s awesome. I hope it continues this way for you. :)

Quoting SaskMummy: I like my fiancé’s family, they’re pretty laid back. My exes parents and family were kinda snoody and cold so it’s been a welcome change for sure!
  • lalaballet
    Monday at 1:16 AM
    That’s great!

Quoting pooh2you1985: O love my in-laws!! I wish everyone had some like mine
  • Sassy762
    Monday at 1:16 AM

This is nice refreshing post compared to the usual I hate my MIL/ In-Law posts :)

• lalaballet
    Monday at 1:17 AM
    Thanks. :) I was kind of hoping for that because sometimes the negativity gets depressing.

Quoting Sassy762:

This is nice refreshing post compared to the usual I hate my MIL/ In-Law posts :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts