Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I gave my boss an ultimatum. *Update*
by Anonymous
March 21 at 6:02 PM
I'm at the end of my rope with this child. He's four and I don't have anything else to give him. I've tried so many different tools and I attended three workshops and still nothing is working.
He flips out and screams and refuses to do things and is just a terror. I've reached my limit which has never happened in my 20+ years teaching and now in child care.
Today he attacked me. Scratched my hands and went for my face but I blocked him. I left him flipping out with another teacher watching over him and I went to my boss. I said it's him or me. If he's here tomorrow I won't be.
This is very upsetting but it's been since September. I've done everything I can possibly think of to help him. I'm done. I have nothing left.

Update: I did not lose my job. We had a meeting today with mom, my director and myself. He is not being kicked out, he's getting a one on one, so I can still focus on the other kids in my room too.
I feel very lucky that we came to a great solution.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 21 at 6:03 PM
    You cost money, he brings in money. Don't count on having a job tomorrow.

Good luck.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 21 at 6:04 PM
    That's hard, I can't imagine being in this situation.
  • lovingladyo4
    March 21 at 6:05 PM

Does the mother know this - and is she taking responsibility for his negative behavior. See if he has been checked by a neurologist. Talk to your teacher friends and get their input. From all your experience, you must be a very wise teacher. What do you think it is?

• yorkiemum
    March 21 at 6:06 PM

that should go over well, as we all know bosses love ultimatums.

• lleuad
    by lleuad
    March 21 at 6:06 PM
    Have fun Job hunting.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 21 at 6:07 PM
    There was a girl in my daughter's kindergarten class like that. She would hit and throw stuff at the teacher. She was completely out of control.

I felt horrible for her.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    March 21 at 6:07 PM

Well he's probably on the spectrum, so he gets  pass

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    March 21 at 6:09 PM
    This breaks my heart because my grandsons teachers couldn't get thru to him and he was kicked out of 2 learning centers. Finally one woman, figured out how to relate to him, how to teach him. And he has been flourishing.

• rainmommy
    March 21 at 6:15 PM

bump

• MistressMonster
    March 21 at 6:18 PM

drinking

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts