Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
is this you? if so im still going to judge you(facebook post)
by Anonymous
March 20 at 5:42 PM

Hi. You know that mom you’re judging because her kid has no shoes or socks on at the store?

Yeah, that’s me.

Listen, I know you are super concerned about my child.. I mean someone has to, right? But I got it covered. I see you pulling out that hard judgement card, but I’m going to need you to go ahead and stick that back into your pocket. Actually, just rip it up and throw it in the trash because you shouldn’t have it anyway.

I’m aware his feet are bare. I’m aware it might be a little chilly out (or maybe it’s warm, I still get the same looks) I’m fully aware his poor little toes may of gotten a tad bit chilly on the walk from the car to the store. How. Dare. I.

Here’s the thing.. in the midst of your judgement on my parenting I’ve become extremely tired of picking up his socks from the floor. I’ve become extremely tired of realizing a shoe is missing and retracing my steps through Target to find it. I’ve become extremely tired of grabbing something off a shelf and having a shoe fly right by my face. I use to try to make him be fully dressed head to toe while we made our trips to the store, and chances are his socks are tucked safely in my diaper bag because I tried to put them on and he took them right back off. But my patience is low with silly things so I probably already gave up.

He hates things touching his feet, but do we blame him? Socks and shoes are just little sweaty feet prisons, screw them. And I’m in no position to pick this small battle with a 2 year old.

So I thank you, I thank you so much for your concern, but I got it. His feet are bare, but he is fine. He’s happy and I have some of my sanity in tact. So excuse me while I go grab the laundry soap I came here for and 738291 other things I don’t need

Replies

• Reading.Rainbow
    March 20 at 5:43 PM

I refused to wear shoes for about 3 years when I was a teenager...

I don't care if kids are wearing shoes... Let them go barefoot...

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 20 at 5:43 PM

I think if you have a child thats walking and you live in an area where its cold you need friken shoes on that kid. We had a kid come in the store yesterday that was 4 and its 30 degrees out wtf!!

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 20 at 5:44 PM

Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

I refused to wear shoes for about 3 years when I was a teenager...

I don't care if kids are wearing shoes... Let them go barefoot...

even when its 30 degrees

• MistyMoo
    March 20 at 5:45 PM
    🤷 doesn't bother me.
  • happinessforyou
    March 20 at 5:46 PM

Hell, who cares what your kid is wearing on his feet as long as he isn't screaming his fool head off for candy or a toy.......... lmao

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 20 at 5:46 PM
    I don't judge. I feel her pain. Or did when my son was younger
  • TowerWife
    March 20 at 5:47 PM
    Doesn't bother me.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 20 at 5:48 PM

If that child isn't walking you can kindly fuck off!!!

I was that mom that had to battle my kids with shoes. 

Keep your judgment to your fucken self. 

30 isn't all that cold for a quick ride around Kroger then to the car and into the house.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I think if you have a child thats walking and you live in an area where its cold you need friken shoes on that kid. We had a kid come in the store yesterday that was 4 and its 30 degrees out wtf!!

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

I judge the fact that at 2 you've already lost the ability to control a child.  that is sad

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    I saw this on fb and though it was stupid. Who gives a fuck if someone else's kid is wearing socks or shoes and who gives a fuck if someone judges you because your kid isn't wearing them? Talk about first world problems. I have so many more important and real issues to worry about than strangers being judgmental bitches. That shit doesn't even put a blip on my radar of things to give a fuck about.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts