Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Would you take her?
by Anonymous
March 17 at 12:00 PM
My mom is dying. She's decided she only wants comfort care. But today she asked me if she could see my 8 year old Dd one last time. I'm nervous. Dd is very sensitive so I'm not sure she'd handle it well. But i feel heartless if I deny her and my mom the chance to say good bye because they are extremely close. What do you ladies thinl? Let her see my mom or let her have only happy memories of my mom? When my grandparents died when I was a kid, I was protected and didn't see either of them. But my mom's mom I saw bc I was nearly 30

Replies

• GeansandZucj.
    March 17 at 12:01 PM
    How bad does she look?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 17 at 12:02 PM
    She doesn't look bad, per se, but she's got a lot of tubes and wires right now.

Quoting GeansandZucj.: How bad does she look?
  • luckysevenwow
    Has your DD not been seeing her all this time?
  • luckysevenwow
    Has your DD not been seeing her all this time?
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 17 at 12:03 PM

I can only tell you what I would do if it were my kids (based on my kids personalites) - I would prepare them and let them see grandma

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    I would. I allowed my kids with my mom and if we had more warning with dhs mom I would have allowed it as well.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    No she hasn't. She knows grandma is sick, but hasn't seen her yet

Quoting luckysevenwow: Has your DD not been seeing her all this time?
  • notjstasocermom
    March 17 at 12:04 PM
    Yes I would
  • Not_A_Native

I would let her go.

I was 8 when my grandfather was dying, and I wasn't allowed to see him.  I still blame my parents 50+ years later.

• Sopaw
    by Sopaw
    Prepare DD by telling her that grandma looks very sick so she won't be shocked. Be specific. If she has tubes tell her that, if she's bald, tell her that etc. Then take her for a visit.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts