Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Paying back a favor that wasn’t asked for
by Spam72
March 12 at 6:57 PM
I’ve been in the hospital the better part of the last two weeks and now that I’m home I’m on a strict diet and taking it easy.
My sister came over with a couple bags of groceries from aldi, she was so proud it was only $35. And then said I can pay her back later. 1- I didn’t ask for it, my dh can shop for us. 2- most of what she bought we don’t eat. Canned pasta, hamburger helper, little red apples.
Should I just give her the $35 and appreciate the effort? Give her back the things we don’t eat and ask her to take it off the bill?
$35 isn’t a huge deal for either of us, it just bugs me to pay for something I didn’t need, want or ask for. I do know my sister was trying to be helpful.

• Danesmommy1
    March 12 at 6:59 PM
    She meant well, so I'd just give her $35.

I'd also be sure to tell her that DH has a handle on things, so she won't need to shop for us again.
  • Why-Not
    by Why-Not
    March 12 at 6:59 PM
    I’d pay the $35 only because it’s not worth fighting over.
  • vegaswife2011
    March 12 at 7:00 PM
    Just pay her. Hope you’re feeling better.
  • cutebaby06
    March 12 at 7:00 PM

I would take it, food is food.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    March 12 at 7:02 PM
    I would probably just pay her to avoid an issue & donate the food.
  • Fat.Bottom.Girl
    March 12 at 7:04 PM
    I'd just give her the $35 and make it clear that you don't need any more "help" with groceries.
  • PinkButterfly66

She's expecting you to pay her back?  Shit, I'd tell her to take her groceries home with her then, I don't need them.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Seriously, youre a snob.
  • redbottoms
    I would tell her to take it all back if you don't want or need it. A favor is her just giving you that for free. Or you giving her a list and she buys it and then you pay her back. Just showing up and then asking for money is not a favor.
  • mmm2015
    by mmm2015
    March 12 at 7:06 PM

im sorry to hear you were not doing well are you going to be okay?

just give her 35 dollars

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts