Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Dd asked for no alcohol at her birthday party
by Anonymous
February 20 at 3:56 PM
My daughter asked for there to be no drinking at her birthday party. Most family parties on her dad’s side involves drinking. She hates it, mostly because ex dh is an alcoholic.

Well she also requested her birthday be at her dad’s house. We live in a townhouse and he has a pool with a wrap around deck.

The day of the party comes and ex dh’s brother shows up with beer. Dd gets upset and ex dh says he’s going to drink anyway because they are adults and it’s his house.

So dd started crying. All in all, she said she had a fun party but I find it so sad that she couldn’t get that one day without alcohol being around.

She’s 9 btw.

• Zengirl79
    February 20 at 3:57 PM

That is sad.

• JjcH0911
    February 20 at 3:58 PM
    I know that feeling, my "dad " was an alcoholic. (Recovering 2 years now) but i had used to ask for the same thing. ((Hugs)) to your daughter! Im 24 and my dads only been cleaned almlst 2 years. Its hell having an alcoholic parent.
  • nmkj
    by nmkj
    February 20 at 3:58 PM
    That's awful when your child realizes you have a problem.
  • lilblu399
    February 20 at 3:59 PM
    Why did you allow this to happen?

I would have explained to my 9yo that it wouldn't have been a good idea as many adults do not see an issue with having alcohol.

Also, I would have booked a venue that banned alcohol on it's premises.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 20 at 3:59 PM
    That's really sad that a child has to even worry about that and even sadder that her own father put his dickhead brother's selfish desires ahead of his child's feelings.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 20 at 4:01 PM

That's sad but it is his house and he's adult so he can drink if he wants to.  It would have been nice if her dad had respected her request though.  I would also had it at a different place where there was no alcohol.

• Melissa_4

Your ex is pathetic, and perhaps it's time to keep her away from his drinking.

• readyforhim
    She must have seen a lot to request this of her dad - and he fails.

You should sit and talk about this.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

Well she wouldn't like my family's parties then, lol. We have alcohol for all bday parties, christenings, weddings, everything. No one is an alcoholic though. She could always have the party somewhere else. I'm not sure she should be able to dictate things like this. 

• PJMM
    by PJMM
    February 20 at 4:02 PM
    Ex and I would be having a chat that might end with me telling him where to take his beer and shove it. Look i like a beer as much as the next person. The boys have seen me drink one or have wine. And I've been to parties where the adults congregate in another room and have wine or a beverage (Usually it's older kids and they're playing at a bbq). But if your kid says to you please don't drink that should be your warning that you need AA. Like NOW.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts