Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Students Get Paid to ....
by Anonymous
February 13 at 11:55 AM
Not Fight.

If EVERY student does not get in a fight for the rest of the year, every student will get 100$

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/philly-school-paying-kids-peace-20180211.html

Thoughts?

Personally, I wonder if one student will do it just out of spite and make everyone lose the 100 bucks. Like a kid whos been bullied and loner, he will start a fight to make sure all of the people who bully him will not get the 100 bucks.

Replies

• Dzyre1115
    February 13 at 11:56 AM
    Sad, very sad commentary on the caliber of humans we’re raising....
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 13 at 11:57 AM
    If he didn't plan to return and move far away it might work for the kid bullied otherwise it would make it worse for him.

I don't agree with the incentive because there are better uses for the money but to each their own.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 13 at 11:58 AM

Uh, stupid as hell. They should be decent human beings without bribes.

PS I didn't read the article.

• mrsmom110
    NO
    February 13 at 11:58 AM

I'd think they'd all be in great moods in Philly now that they brought home the Lombardi trophy.  :p

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 13 at 12:00 PM
    THe principal is going to pay it all out of her own pocket, unless they find a sponsor.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If he didn't plan to return and move far away it might work for the kid bullied otherwise it would make it worse for him.

I don't agree with the incentive because there are better uses for the money but to each their own.
  • Momoffour83
    February 13 at 12:09 PM
    Our elementary school offered to put kids' name in a drawing for a bike who perfect attendance at end of the year. I wrote them asking what about kids who can't help missing school like mandatory doctor appointments. They didn't do it anymore since I wasn't the only parent who complained.
  • PPCLC
    by PPCLC
    February 13 at 12:12 PM

I get the reason why behind this initiative but honestly, I am gathering there's some hard-core, bigger problems going on at this school.

Problems that cannot be cured or fixed by doling out cash.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 13 at 12:14 PM
    I'm sure if your kids was beat by a random classmate with lots of bruises last year, you wouldn't be making that response.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 13 at 12:15 PM
    Wow i hope they don't disappoint him.

Quoting Anonymous 1: THe principal is going to pay it all out of her own pocket, unless they find a sponsor.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If he didn't plan to return and move far away it might work for the kid bullied otherwise it would make it worse for him.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 13 at 12:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sure if your kids was beat by a random classmate with lots of bruises last year, you wouldn't be making that response.
    Quoting Anonymous 3:

I wouldn't be making the response that as part of being a decent, normal human being they shouldn't be beating the shit out of each other WITHOUT monetary incentive?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts