Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LOLnope
Get your flu shots people.
by LOLnope
February 13 at 6:02 AM
I do not give a shit what your reason for not getting it is, barring reactions.

I got the flu type A on sunday and let me tell you, this is by far the worst thing I've ever experienced, and I've had pnuemonia twice.

It's no "I feel a little run down". It's more of I got hit by a truck repeatedly. My skin hurts, my joints hurt, my kidneys and lungs hurt, my joints are swollen, my lungs burn so badly. It's horrible and I've had pnuemonia twice. I didn't think anything by could top that pain.

Replies

• mommytoeandb
    February 13 at 6:06 AM
    So sorry. I get the flu shot every year and got the first pneumonia vaccine last year (asthmatic). I haven't had the flu as an adult and hope to keep building my immunity.

With all my allergy, ezcema, and asthma issues, I rarely get sick.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 13 at 6:07 AM
    Much like your sn - LOL. NOPE.
  • Southern_Song
    Jo
    February 13 at 6:09 AM
    No. 7 kids and myself are flu poison free and have yet to get the flue going on 11 years. You keep your fake vaccines to yourself.
  • Spam72
    by Spam72
    February 13 at 6:10 AM
    I already got it but not sure how effective it is.
  • SergeantSausage
    February 13 at 6:14 AM
    Yeah, no.
  • B3autifulCha0s
    February 13 at 6:15 AM
    Nope. Not happening in this household.

Sorry your sick, though.
  • Dzyre1115
    February 13 at 6:16 AM
    We don’t immunize when the effective level is so low as it is with the flu vaccine....
  • LOLnope
    by LOLnope
    February 13 at 6:17 AM
    Oh I said the same thing my entire life. Haven't gotten the flu shot as an adult at all. Truly regretting that decision right now. Not only is the flu horrid, but tamiflu takes it, and makes you feel 10000x worse.

You make whatever decision you want but I will never risk it again. Think kidney pain is toooooo much

Quoting Southern_Song: No. 7 kids and myself are flu poison free and have yet to get the flue going on 11 years. You keep your fake vaccines to yourself.
  • Madeyemoody
    February 13 at 6:21 AM
    At only 17% effectiveness, you would have probably gotten sick anyway.
  • SergeantSausage
    February 13 at 6:21 AM
    Just so you know....3 people I know who got the flu shot still got the flu and the shot did nothing for them. What's the point?

Quoting LOLnope: Oh I said the same thing my entire life. Haven't gotten the flu shot as an adult at all. Truly regretting that decision right now. Not only is the flu horrid, but tamiflu takes it, and makes you feel 10000x worse.

You make whatever decision you want but I will never risk it again. Think kidney pain is toooooo much

Quoting Southern_Song: No. 7 kids and myself are flu poison free and have yet to get the flue going on 11 years. You keep your fake vaccines to yourself.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts